sing

[ track six ]

Changkyun rouses with a start, Jooheon's hands on his arm to shake him awake. "G'morning," the younger mumbles when he spots the blonde hovering above him.

"It's the afternoon, actually." Jooheon sinks onto the edge of Changkyun's bed, nudging him over a bit to make room. Sprawling out beside his best friend, Jooheon wonders how exactly he's to confess to what he's done.

"Have they left yet?" Though he's just woken up, his nightmare still fresh on his mind, the new nightmare that lingers outside Changkyun's home is far more unsettling.

Jooheon shakes his head, sighing as Changkyun offers him a corner of the blanket, tucking him under to share the warmth. "Kyun..." Jooheon blinks a few times, worried now more than he was a few hours ago when he first placed the call. He doesn't want to hurt his best friend. Not for an instant. If he could, the blonde would steal all of Changkyun's pain away and force it into his own chest. He'd give anything for the darker man to just live happily.

Changkyun can practically feel the nerves settling against Jooheon's skin, the blonde's face contorted as if in pain as he avoids the younger's eyes. "Jooheon, what's up? Did something happen to the kittens?" Changkyun props himself up with an arm beneath him, suddenly worried.

It's easy for him to worry over Jooheon, the older man always so fragile. In Jooheon's mind, Changkyun is the one who needs protection. Changkyun is the one that needs guidance and help. To everyone else, Jooheon is a worried wreck that needs constant devotion and care. Changkyun fears the worst as he stares harder at Jooheon's pursed expression. "What is it?"

Jooheon sighs, burying his face into Changkyun's pillow. He lets out a sudden shout, his emotions pressed hard against the feather-down, never to see the sun of the bedroom. "I have a confession," Jooheon yells into the pillow, his voice muffled but still loud.

Changkyun shoves at Jooheon's shoulder, rolling the blonde onto his side so they can speak properly. "Just tell me already! Why are you acting like this? What happened?"

Jooheon can see the worry threaded through his best friend's expression. From the crinkles in his forehead, to the pout of his lower lip. Changkyun is on the verge of shaking Jooheon, worried more with each passing moment of the silence settling between them.

"I made a call earlier," Jooheon says slowly, sitting himself up. Changkyun follows suit, the pair only half-hidden by the covers now. Changkyun shivers in the chilled air, but he stays still under Jooheon's gaze, scared to move and interrupt the blonde man. "It was a pretty important call, I think."

Ideas and theories pound into Changkyun's head like madmen, making him lean forward and grasp onto Jooheon's shoulders in fear. "You're not sick, are you?" Changkyun's dark fingers prod at Jooheon's pale face, turning it every which way to search for some sign of disease. "You're okay, right?"

Jooheon huffs, slapping the grasping hands away with a scowl. "It wasn't a call for me," he all but snaps, making Changkyun lean back in surprise.

That's now twice in one day that Jooheon has gotten loud with his best friend, and neither are very pleased by it. "Jooheon, stop beating around the bush." Changkyun draws his hands to his chest, his ego hurt after being slapped away. "Just tell me who you called, or why if that's the big important part."

Jooheon stays quiet, his long eyes wandering down Changkyun's face quietly. He wants to memorize his features as best he can. After this, surely the younger won't ever let the blonde into his life again. He must recall his round face while he has the chance.

"Jooheon." Changkyun snaps his fingers in Jooheon's face, growing annoyed. "If you're just gonna play games, then I'll go back to sleep."

"I called him." Jooheon's words hang meaningless in the air, only half a thought that sits between both men like a brick. The blonde lifts a hand to his mouth, tugging nervously at his lower lip as he watches Changkyun's expression remain unchanging.

"Jooheon, seriously." Changkyun groans, shoving at the blonde's shoulder. "Who? Okay? Who did you call?" He leans forward expectantly, but Jooheon only leans away to his dismay.

"I called Kihyun."

Changkyun laughs, though this isn't particularly funny. It's a bitter sound that passes his lips, finding the joke rather overplayed and outdated. "Ha. Ha. Ha." He knocks Jooheon's shoulder back again, sighing before collapsing into his pillows. "Don't scare me like that. You really had me going for a second."

Jooheon's eyebrows come together as he watches Changkyun's eyes shut, seemingly uncaring. "Kyun, I'm not joking around with you. I called him. While you were sleeping." The blonde shakes Changkyun, both hands against his chest to try and get his attention.

"Jooheon, it isn't funny, stop it." He waves his friend away, snuggling deeper into his blankets.

"Im Changkyun." The dark haired boy peels one eye open, peering up at the blonde. It isn't often that he hears Jooheon call him by his full first name, let alone his surname. "Listen to the words that I'm saying." Getting into his best friend's face, Jooheon is careful to enunciate each word with as much force behind it as he can. "Yoo. Kihyun. Is sitting. In our kitchen."

Changkyun is upright in an instant, the quick movement knocking Jooheon back in fright. He tumbles off the bed, hurrying to stand and ward off a possible attack from his best friend. The blonde gestures towards the bedroom door, speaking quietly. "I'll uh... I'll send him in. You two really should figure some things out."

The moment Jooheon is in the hall, Changkyun is leaping from his bed to slam the door shut and lock it tight. "I'm not seeing him!" He shouts through the wood, much to Jooheon's disappointment.

The blonde wanders slowly back down the hall, facing the pointed features of the man waiting for him in the kitchen. "As you can probably imagine, he's pissed."

Kihyun sighs, smiling to himself despite everything. "I'd expect nothing less," he admits before standing. "I'll just sit outside the door for a bit." He motions towards the hall, and Jooheon steps aside to let him pass, the blonde's nerves on edge.

"Just don't say anything that'll make him hop out the window. We're on the fourth floor."