life

[ track twelve ]

Changkyun doesn't know where to go, or who to turn to for help. He suddenly realizes just how he recognizes Minhyuk's boyfriend. Kihyun's manager, he thinks, cursing himself for trusting his close friend. Blinking hard, Changkyun steps out of his hiding spot beside the movie shelf to face Kihyun head on.

He can't keep running from his past. If Kihyun thinks he can just show up like this, he's got another thing coming. Changkyun, however, stutters when he sees the small smile on the pale man's angular face. He looks healthier than he had when they'd last met face to face, years ago now. His hair has returned to the natural reddish brown Changkyun had seen when they'd ended things, and the younger can't tell if the sight hurts him or makes him nostalgic.

"I don't own that movie," Changkyun tells Kihyun quietly. The darker one is shocked to find that he even has a voice, Kihyun's appearance rather jarring. "It's too unrealistic."

Kihyun fakes a pout, dampening his still perfect features for just a moment. "So's life," he mutters as he leans against the movie shelf, trying his best to act absolutely casual.

On the sofa, Hoseok desperately wants to stand and drag his idol from the apartment, But Minhyuk holds his boyfriend down with a whispered plea to let things play out. Jooheon, beside Minhyuk, watches as if the pair are moving in half time, the only thing missing is the bowl of popcorn.

Hyungwon is the only one sat in confusion. He watches as Changkyun stiffens, clearly on edge, before his dark eyes drift to the newcomer. Hyungwon of course recognizes the singer, a celebrity of every sense, but he can't understand why he would be here. He doesn't quite take to the news, and his mind is flooded with curiosity as he rises from the recliner to back his boyfriend up.

"What's goin' on?" He asks Changkyun gently when he reaches the younger's side, lacing a slender hand around the dark man's waist.

Kihyun, understanding the slight threat, stands straighter before the couple. "I'm just an old friend," he says slowly, peering up into Hyungwon's face with a genuine smile. His crystal gems fall back to Changkyun's face, the smile wavering as the dark man sinks into Hyungwon's grip a bit harder. "I was hoping to borrow him for a chat. We have some old hatchets to bury."

More like corpses, Changkyun thinks to himself. He can feel Hyungwon's grip on his hip tighten a bit, and the younger almost smiles at his boyfriend's possessiveness. It's wildly endearing, but the sight of Kihyun's awkward grin ruins every aspect of the moment.

"Well?" Kihyun is looking up to the youngest expectantly, his mind ablaze with hope and fear. Colors blur together as one as he stares hard at Changkyun. Beiges and blacks and pinks form only to merge and twist; Kihyun has tears in his eyes.

Changkyun, startled by the sudden red tint to his last love's eyes, still doesn't want to have any small talk. He doesn't want to hear Kihyun out anymore. He doesn't want another story lapsed over the last ones, and he doesn't want it ever again.

But his hand lifts to push Hyungwon away, and his head tilts back to look over his shoulder at his boyfriend gently. "I'm gonna talk to him for a minute, okay?"

Hyungwon opens his mouth to argue, holding Changkyun's hand in a tight grip between both of his larger ones. He can tell just by the bright grin on Kihyun's lips that this isn't what's all been said. Old friends, or old lovers, Hyungwon doesn't know; but he doesn't like it.

Changkyun however doesn't give the older a chance to dispute, already waving Kihyun down the apartment hall towards his bedroom. "I'll be okay." Changkyun stands on tip-toe, pecking Hyungwon on the cheek.