Chapter Six

Hanging up the phone (Y/N) checked her messages, seeing that Anne has texted her. She just groaned internally. Niall busied himself throughout the flat, doing whatever he liked at the moment.

Anne was asking for them to head up to Cheshire for the weekend. The message was in a group chat with Harry and Gemma in it. She reckoned that Harry did not tell her yet, making himself embarrassed for what to come. Should she be the one to send the message?

The first thing she did was send a message to Harry, telling him that she will pick up the kids at his house at two the next day, making it clear of the plan. The second thing she did was press the call button to Anne's contact.

"Hey Anne," she said, a few rings later. Her voice ringed it, seems like she had no idea what was going to happen soon. She answered her questions but wanted to get straight to the point.

"Anne, I trust you, you know," she began, Anne replying, "you know I feel like you are my second mum, and I don't want that to ever change."

"What I mean is that Harry and I are getting a divorce," she told, getting straight to the point.

As (Y/N) reckoned, Anne's answer was confusing. She didn't click the pieces yet, making (Y/N) tell more. Accidentally, she spilt her guts. She was gobsmacked about the whole ordeal, her perfect boy that she raised to treat others well is being the opposite. The answer she gave her, Anne was definitely taking (Y/N)'s side. She responded that she will see Anne this weekend, and it would be good for the kids to still have a normal life. At that moment, a ding came to her ear. She took the phone off, seeing Harry respond that he'll be there too. Another ding came, a message personally coming to her from Harry. Like normal she ignored it.

The conversation carried out for another half hour, seems that the two of them have not talked in a while. Catching up made sense. She lastly told that she was meeting her lawyer today, to discuss issues and all. They hanged up moments later.

Harry pulled into the school, parking in the parking lot closest to the building. He knows he has to prove that he was a fit parent and that (Y/N) is not. He felt kind of bad about it, taking their kids away from their mum, but it was for the best, he thought. He knew the plan off by heart. The kids can't tell that Karla has moved in, and is their life. They can't tell her that they can call her mum.

He got out of the car, walking up first to the daycare. Signing the piece of paper that saying that he has picked up Alfie. He saw his little boy womble up to him, clutching his leg at the process.

"How's my big boy?" Harry asked, kneeling down and picking him up. Alfie just screaming in excitement, "I know, I know, I know. I've missed you too." he gave him a big kiss on the lips in the process.

"Thank you," he said to the ladies, walking out to pick up his daughter.

Harry walked into the building, tickling his son's belly on the way, and doing the simple expressions that you do to babies, to try to create a stronger bond. He looked back and forth, from his baby to where he was heading. He had no idea when he was here last? When he picked up his daughter from school or dropped her off. It has been a while.

Walking into the classroom he saw all the masterpieces of art on the walls, the colourful carpet and the tiny desks. His daughter was in the corner playing with dolls with another girl. Her brown curls were placed in two pigtails and she was wearing a beige sweater with jeans. (Y/N) always did have the best fashion, making him smile for the bit. The smile turned down to a frown, remembering the situation that is occurring, but it was for the best in his opinion.

He walked up the teacher with the list, waiting in line for his turn to say his name and his daughter's name to be able to go home. He just waited, rocking Alfie back and forth and pretending to drop him, creating a small giggle to escape his lips.