Chapter Nine

Court. She'd never expected to sit in court against him. She never expected to sit in court, period.

(Y/N) walked in, nervous as hell. This was a life or death situation. She could either gain something or lose everything that defined her. She saw Harry sitting with his lawyer and Karla on her left. Niall was behind her, hand on her lower back in order to help her walk forward. She wanted to stop, she wanted to run away, but this was for the best.

They sat down, Niall and John going over things that could help them in the case, she blocked them out. The worst case scenarios went through her mind, constantly. This could either help her or destroy her. If she was honest, the feelings that she once had for Harry were slowly going, but if she does win, and he loses, she didn't think she would forgive herself for doing this to him.

"You got it, love?" an Irish accent took her out of her mind.

"What?" Niall shook his head chuckling.

"You'll do just fine, ok. We have a strong solid case, they are going to ask Ivy who she wants to live with, and it'll all be good. Harry probably hasn't dug up anything on you, because since your late teens, you guys been together. I think we'll win. I know we'll win." he told her, pressing a kiss on her forehead.

The night coming home from the divorce lawyers, she sat down and talked to him about them. She wanted to tell him everything she felt for him. (Y/N) did have feelings for him, but it was too soon. Divorce was a big thing in her mind, and it takes time to cope. She told him that she never regretted the sex, the kiss or love, she just wanted to be single for a bit. She wanted the court to roll through and to get her children back in her hands. She wanted to get away from Harry.

In all honesty, Niall was fine with that. He agreed and thought it was for the best. He was willing to wait for her, anyway. He waited for ten years, he can wait for another ten, again.

Harry looked over, he felt shame. He didn't want to divorce her, but he knew that he made a mistake. He knew that she'll never take him back. And he knows that he still has not broken up with Karla. She just fucked him and all was better.

But, looking over at her, seeing her with Niall was something he never felt before. Was it jealousy or overprotection? He watched Niall kiss her forehead, and a ton of swears went around in his head. He doesn't deserve her, no one deserves her but him. Harry knows he is selfish, but it is for the best.

Everyone became silent as the court began.

"Good morning, we are summoned here today to discuss further plans of Mr Styles and Ms (Y/L/N)'s children. Please let me know if any of my information is incorrect." the judge began, everyone sat, looking, "Recently divorced parents of Alfie Aaron Styles, nineteen months old and Ivy Anne Styles, five years old both wanting to seek sole custody of the children." both parties agreed.

She was beginning to be nervous, she kept bouncing her knee, and looking back at Niall, who placed his hand on it, mumbling a, 'you're ok.'

"I have read both parties reason, both almost stating the same facts of thinking the other is an unfair and inappropriate parent and should change immediately. Am I correct that Ms (Y/L/N) has the children under her care, recently?" her attorney stood up, telling him that it was correct.

"Ok. Now, my goal today is not to find the best parent, but the parent that fits best for the child, and for the child's best interest. Does each party have the correct paperwork?" John stood up, as well as, Stan did, handing the documentation towards the judge.

"Before we officially begin, does any party want to not go forth with this, and decide on the same agreement at the moment?" no one intervened. She was about to, but Niall gave her the look, remembering that this is for the best.