Chapter 3

a/n: hehe I told you the chapters would be longer lol but i'm really trying to make them longer with more detail so just be patient with me on that. yay ok back to the story.

I don't own the lunar chronicles hehe

............................................................................

Cinder returned to her room, exhausted.

She had spent the rest of the night dancing, talking, and laughing with her friends. She checked her internal clock and was surprised to see that it was one in the morning.

Thorne had gotten really drunk and began shouting and laughing when he spoke until he finally passed out on a table. Cress had gotten a little tipsy too, so that when she talked her words slurred and it always ended in a fit of giggles.

Scarlet couldn't drink because of her pregnancy, but she still had lots of fun and only grumbled when Thorne began shouting in her ear. Wolf stuffed his mouth full of the fine foods that were served and ate almost half of everyone's forgotten food.

Jacin sat and talked with Kai about things unknown to Cinder while keeping an eye on Winter who was learning how to dance popular dances with Iko.

Cinder spread out her arms and jumped onto the bed, landing on her back and sighing happily. She was happy, really happy. Suddenly the things Adri had said and all her worries about the wedding vanished. She was married to Kai now, and that's all that mattered.

The door creaked open and Cinder sat up.

Kai stood there, leaning against the doorframe still dressed in his wedding finery.

He smiled and stared at her.

"What?" Cinder asked, laughing.

"I just wanted to savor this moment. Because you know last time, my wedding didn't work out so well."

Laughing, Cinder flung herself back onto the bed.

"I vote let's never talk about your last wedding."

Kai walked over and laid on the bed next to her.

They stared up at the ceiling, basking in their happiness as moments passed by.

"Selene," Kai said, turning to her.

Cinder whipped her heads towards him, surprised by the sound of her birth name. Kai never called her Selene unless it was important.

"What is it?" she asked, immediately growing nervous.

"Nothing, I just wanted to see your reaction," Kai said, laughing.

Slightly relieved, Cinder playfully smacked him with a pillow, which hit him square in the face.

He took it from her hands, pulled her close, and kissed her.

Cinder's heart fluttered as the kiss deepened.

She buried her hands in his hair as he pulled her waist closer to him. 

Many times in her life, she had wondered if it got better, if anyone would ever care about the lowly cyborg who caused problems and was judged wherever she went.

She wondered if she had a better future, something to do with her life, a place in this world, somewhere she would belong, but now she knew.

Kai is where she belonged. Not Luna, not New Beijing. Wherever Kai went, that's where she belonged.

Kai smiled, breaking the kiss.

"I love you Cinder," he whispered.

Cinder grinned back.

"I love you too."