chapter four,

chapter four. drown her in blue

 drown her in blue

summer

MICHAEL IS ALWAYS A CHILD IN HER THOUGHTS.

Every time Eve closes her eyes and imagines him, she only hears a soft boy's laugh... The giggle of the wind. She doesn't know the color of his hair or if his eyes reflect the deep dark of his soul, but she is sure of what he is: a child, with no more than ten and perhaps, a pair of dimples in his cheeks (most of the children from TV have them, and as the common child Michael is in her imagination, then he does smile along with those dimples).

Sometimes, Eve will try to think of horns and sharp wings, of long claws and a wicked smile instead of sweetish and innocent features. That is the face of evil, and with or without dimples, Michael is evil too; the rottenest creature walking on Earth—she did try hard, in fact, but no matter the amount of descriptions that Eve created for herself, his figure stayed the same.

Though Eve knows better now (or so she thinks); she knows that Michael's is in fact kissed by the sun, and that his hair is as golden as a velvety ray of light. She has already met his eyes, how blue they are, how blue she felt under them.

Michael is all blue and golden, like the sky.

Ariel was right about one thing—being near of him, talking to him, it made Eve felt sick (he can have a heavenly look, but what does it change if he is rotten in the inside?). When she returned home in a run, with Michael's screams on her back begging her to stay because he wanted to know more about her friend with the same name as his, and the voice in her head stopped calling for her... She had only given one step to the entrance before she puked in the middle of hard coughs. Her guardian had done the same when he first met him. Too rotten for this world, he had claimed when Eve stared at him with a worried look. And he just wants for us to be the same.

He wants us dead.

Eve thinks about it while she cleans the disaster she has made before Ariel arrives. He only reacts in that way when he is near Michael or the infamous house, and Eve had never felt it before because she had never been actually around neither to one of both... Until that day.

The house attracted her in a way nothing had ever done. Just remembering it causes Eve to drop the mop and jump under the appearance of a shiver flick. Power. She's full of it, and she finally can see it. All these years without feeling a little pinch of anything and she's suddenly awaken because of a house.

Nor the house, she corrects herself with a drop of fear. But what's inside of it. Ghosts... And a boy who claims to be Michael Langdon.

But Michael Langdon is always a child in her thoughts. Not a sky boy. Not her age.

Why will a ghost lie?, she asks herself. The memory of the tall blond boy hits in her mind in a whole Bang! Deng!, like the sound of splashing drums. Eve can barely take a deep breath before the response snaps and his blue, blue eyes continue dancing with an echo over her concerns: He's already dead. He has nothing to lose.