chapter six,

chapter six. sweet eve

 sweet eve

spring

EVE FINDS HER NEW UNIFORM QUITE sweet enough as her. Ariel brought it home folded in a plastic bag, and it was Eve who actually took it out from it, as her guardian didn't mention a single thing of it when he arrived after spending the whole afternoon out, only briefly muttering that she had been accepted into a new school.

He hasn't mentioned too much things since they left the yellow house.

The skirt is colored in a dark blue, like the night sky, and on the top, there's a simple white blouse covered by an equal blue coat, and a tie to fit it all. Eve stares at her figure with amusement. She doesn't know if Ariel got the wrong uniform, as the skirt is too way up her legs, something completely different from the rest of her clothes she's used to wear. But she likes it. Sweet Eve looks even sweeter with her legs finally seeming long like the ones from the girls she would watch in television sometimes during night.

Perhaps that was Ariel's intention, she thinks with a whisper of hope. Perhaps he wants himself to remember that Eve is no longer a child, but already sixteen.

Perhaps he wants her as much as she wants him.

Eve knows how wrong is to think on him in that way. Such a sinner she is when her thoughts go further than simple confessions of love, and starts imagining instead how it would be to feel Ariel hands dancing in her body. He's always cold —his hands, his eyes—, and Eve wonders if she would be as cold as him if their bodies were placed together, skin against skin.

She can already imagine it. He entering into the room and falling like a small bird under the sight of her. Ariel will kiss her then; first in a soft manner and then with all the fire she knows he keeps hiding in his inside as he only shows cold and no one could ever be that cold. He will take her to bed... Eve has seen similar scenes so many times in movies, though Ariel would usually turn off the television when he decided it was enough.

But that's not what happens.

Ariel do get into her room that night, and his eyes get unusually darker when he notices what Eve is wearing and how she sees herself in the mirror. The girl turns around when she becomes aware of his presence, a smile in her face because smiles used to be a common thing between Ariel and her as long she can remember.

"I don't know how to tie it" Eve comments, pointing the thin cloth that still hangs around her neck. "Would you help me?"

"Why are you wearing that?" is what Ariel answer. Her smile falls immediately. He's not happy.

Eve flicks in confusion. "Well, I know it's my new uniform."

"It's not" Ariel claims with a snort. "The woman who I brought it from didn't mention how tall her daughter was. I'm returning it tomorrow."