No Fate But My Own: Chapters 6-10

Chapter 6

Kenzi reaches out and brushes the blonde hair aside that was cascading over the doctors face, hiding it from view. The goth sighs with relief when she doesn't see a blue and veiny grinning face looking glassy eyed and...dead. Lauren appears to be unconscious, her face is relaxed with no frown in sight. Kenzi checks the doctors pulse and finds it surprisingly strong and steady. The young Russian shakes her head in amazement, she couldn't believe that Lauren was seemingly fine after the exorbitant amount of chi Bo had taken from her. She slaps the blonde gently on the cheek and calls her name, hoping to rouse Lauren from her slumber.

Kenzi hears a noise from downstairs followed by a voice calling out. "Bo? Kenzi? You here?"

The young human is about to respond when a moan brings her attention back to Lauren laying on the floor beside her. Lauren raises her head and blinks in confusion. "Kenzi?"

The voice floats up the stairs again, "Bo? Kenzi? You up there?" Dyson enters Bo's bedroom through the open door and sees Bo through the doorway rocking back and forth, muttering incoherently to herself. "Bo!" he cries out moving swiftly into the bathroom trying to ignore the fact that Bo is wearing very little clothing, as he takes in her distressed appearance. The shifter stops abruptly, his confusion growing when he sees Kenzi sitting on the tiled bathroom floor with Lauren propping her herself up slowly with the aid of the young girl beside her. "What the hells going on in here?"

Kenzi makes sure Lauren is fine in her new position leaning up against the white porcelain tub before answering the wolfs question. "It's a bit of a mystery right now, Dyson. Bo lost control with our yummy doctor here." Dyson moves forward as if to reach out to the succubus, who had stopping her mumbling and rocking and was silently watching Kenzi and Lauren. Bo seemed to have not even realised the shifter was there. She had a far away sad look on her flushed face. Kenzi noticed her unusually pink cheeks and the way Bo seemed to be almost glowing from Lauren's life force.

Lauren's eyes snap up, locking onto the shifter, "Don't touch her!"

"Easy now, doc," Kenzi says patting the blonde on the arm, while indicating with her eyes that Dyson should leave Bo alone. "Why are you here, Dyson?"

The wolf takes a step back, his eyes not leaving Lauren's. She smelt different and the look in her eyes was possessive. Ordinarily he would not of even thought twice about ignoring the doctors wishes, he would have just proceeded to try to aid Bo. But ever since Bo had killed Lauren and brought her back to life, he had sensed the difference in the normally calm and placid doctor. Trick had mention that Lauren had gone through some changes but he hadn't expanded any more information than that. But Dyson sensed that if he pushed her, she would definitely push back. "I came to see what was keeping Lauren, she was supposed to be helping at the clinic, giving The Dark fae population their flu shots."

"Well you may be shit out of luck, D-man. We kinda have a few things going on right now!" Kenzi replies a little annoyed at the shifter. She didn't like Dyson when he was being all, good little soldier boy for The Ash. No she liked the Dyson that ignored the rules and helped rather than making things more difficult.

"I'm sorry Lauren, but we can't afford to keep The Morrigan waiting and she insisted that you be present. She seems to trust you. She said they weren't to start until you arrived and the natives are getting kind of restless."

Lauren sighs in frustration, she knew what the Morrigan was like and she absolutely hated to be kept waiting for anything. She looks over at Bo, gazing into her dark chocolate eyes. The succubus stared back silently, her expression was soft but sad. The doctor could tell that she wasn't completely in the room with them, there was still a sense of turmoil and confusion swirling inside her lover. Lauren had been relieved when she had regained consciousness and had felt the shields blocking her from Bo recede. It had seemed to calm the succubus as well, though the doctor was still concerned that Bo hadn't uttered a word to either Kenzi or her and she hadn't seemed to notice Dyson's presence at all.