No Fate But My Own: Chapters 11-15

Chapter 11

"Beer! We need beer," Kenzi says emphatically, as the three women enter the clubhouse. The goth heads to the fridge, grabbing three chilled bottles and then opens them up by popping the tops off with the edge of the kitchen counter.

Bo and Lauren head straight for the well worn couch. No one had spoken much on the car ride home but Kenzi knew that Bo was not going to be able to keep Lauren in the dark any more. She understood that Bo hadn't shared all the scary things she was going through with Lauren because despite everything, the succubus still feared being rejected by the blonde doctor. She feared above anything that Lauren would view her as a monster, something to be frightened of. And that of course was because despite the huge steps Bo had gone to accept her freaky faeness, Bo still thought of herself as a monster. Kenzi of course being an observer knew that Lauren would never view Bo as a monster and would stand by her and help Bo learn and control this new discovered power. It was Bo that had to realise that Lauren wasn't fragile, she was strong and loved the succubus fiercely.

"Here you go. Get this into ya!" Kenzi hands over the bottle before plonking onto the couch beside Lauren and taking a large gulp from her own bottle. Bo looked so vulnerable curled into Lauren's side her head resting on the blondes right arm and breast. The goth herself found that she was sitting quite close to the doctor and realised it was because of this new power that she had acquired. "Soooo, Hot Pants, when did you turn into the Calm Heart Care Bear? Seriously what you did at the club was...I had never felt so calm and at peace in my entire life!"

Lauren who had been sitting on the couch with her head tilted back with her eyes closed, opened them and cast her gaze at Kenzi with a crooked little smile on her face. "Calm Heart Care Bear?" She lets out a laugh before her eyes lose their amused sparkle and turn serious. "I don't know." She pauses and looks at Bo her expression filling with concern at how vulnerable and dejected the succubus appeared. The doctor thinks about soothing her lover. She thinks about taking away her pain and sadness and rubs her hand gently up and down Bo's bare arm. The succubus sighs and closes her eyes as Lauren's power eases her burden, she snuggles into Lauren a little more and wraps her arm around her waist. "I think I am altering all the time to be what Bo needs me to be. I know that sounds absurd but that how I feel. Though from a scientific standpoint, this new power may have manifested because of how shut down emotionally I have had to be for the last five years. Because of my station as a human slave with the fae, I had to keep my more passionate and disruptive emotions to a minimum. I had to be calm and professional at all times, though that all changed of course when I met this beautiful and charming woman here." Lauren says, looking down fondly at Bo who was now curled in her lap. She smiles when she is met with Bo's expressive chocolate brown orbs gazing lovingly back up at her. "Are you ready to tell me what's going on, Bo?" Lauren looks over at the young goth, "Kenzi?".

Kenzi raises her arms in a defensive gesture, "Hey don't look at me, I told her to tell you. But you know our Bo-Bo always trying to protect the ones that she loves and wanting to take on everything all by herself so no one gets hurt."

"But she did tell you what's going on!" Lauren gives Bo a pained, hurt expression wondering what she had to do to prove that she could be trusted with anything that involved Bo. "Bo why didn't you talk to both of us? I know you tell Kenzi everything and I love that you have that, but I thought that now that..." Lauren's voice trails off uncertain on how to voice what she was feeling without it sounding like she was jealous of Bo's complete trust in Kenzi and not her.

"Bo Bo, you need to tell her?" the goth says softly, but firmly. Lauren watches as pain fills Bo's eyes at the memory of whatever had stopped her from confiding in her. The doctor sends some more calming power the succubus' way, wanting to ease the pain she was seeing on her lovers face. Bo sighs and closes her eyes as Lauren's power flows through her. When Bo reopens her eyes they lock onto Lauren's in absolute seriousness that makes the blonde anxious at just what Bo was keeping from her. Bo reaches up and caresses the side of Lauren's face, she leans into the succubus' touch taking all the love and safety that Bo's touch makes her feel.