No Fate But My Own: Chapters 31-35

Chapter 31

After grabbing a bag from inside and saying goodbye to Kenzi, Bo deposited it in the trunk noticing Lauren's overnight bag was already there. Bo walks slowly around her restored car running her hand along the fresh shiny yellow paint. Lauren watches Bo as she takes in her car and the transformation it had gone through. She smiles when Bo stops and crouches beside the one imperfection that she had requested be kept. Lauren crouches beside Bo as she runs her fingers over the small dent on the passenger side door. Bo look up into Lauren's smiling eyes. "Leaving this wasn't a mistake was it?"

"No, I asked them to leave it. I can still remember the look on your face when I dented your precious car," Lauren answers laughing.

"Well the sound it made when you slammed it into the fencepost." Bo smiles remembering Lauren getting flustered and profusely apologising for denting her old car. "You were so cute apologising as if you had dented a Rolls Royce not a already banged up and dented Camaro." Bo leans over and presses a sweet lingering kiss to Lauren's surprised lips.

Lauren gives Bo's bottom lip a nip before pulling away. "Well I had already realised just how attached you were to your car and we hadn't known each other very long. I had dented your baby and for a slit second you looked like you wanted to kill me." Lauren says laughing as she stands up. Lauren feels the flicker of sadness and regret flash through the bond before it disappears without a trace. She knew that Bo had thought about the fact that she had killed her it just wasn't when she had dented her car. Lauren knew that Bo would never truly be free of the guilt she felt for hurting her but she would make sure that Bo knew that she didn't hold any resentment towards Bo for what happened. It had been her choice to risk her life and she would do it again in a heartbeat to save Bo. They stand silently looking into each others eyes as if communicating their feelings through the bond.

Bo gives Lauren a small smile and reaches out and caresses the blondes face as she feels all the fierce love and protectivity present itself to her through the bond. Before the bond Bo had no idea just how deeply Lauren loved her. Lauren had been so good at schooling her face from showing her exactly how she felt that it had the succubus questioning if it was just her abilities that had caused their attraction in the beginning. Lauren's expressive eyes had been the only indication of her genuine affection for her. But now her heart and soul was filled to the brim with Lauren's love and trust and it filled her with such joy sometimes that she thought she might spontaneously combust. Bo opens the door for Lauren and she slips into the newly reupholstered seat.

Bo jogs around to the drivers side and jumps in gasping at the new car smell that seemed to permeate the air. If it hadn't been for all her crap in the boot and the small dent that Lauren had made the detailers keep she would never have believed that this wasn't a new car. And I acted like a complete tool! Bo thinks to herself. How does this woman put up with me and my foot in mouth disease? Bo turns to Lauren, "I'm really sorry for my outburst, Lauren. I don't even have an excuse for it. I don't know why I'm so attached to this car."

Lauren's smile fades from her lips. She was hoping to just forget about Bo's reaction at first seeing the car but she should have known that Bo wouldn't just let it go without a word. "Can we just go, Bo? It was a misunderstanding. Lets just leave it at that."

Bo felt the hurt Lauren felt at her outburst. She hated that she had reacted so badly and hadn't let Lauren talk and give her this wonderful gift like she should have been able to. No one had ever given her something so thoughtful. Most people would have just bought a new car. Surely it would have been cheaper. Bo couldn't even think about how much it had cost Lauren to fix up her car. It had been on it's last legs and Bo knew that it had been ready for the scrap heap. Now thanks to this wonderful woman beside her her mean machine had a new lease on life.