Part 8

Mórag and Crossette travel in a group on their way to a village said to have been attacked.

Mórag: You came with me, why exactly?

Crossette: I am simply following my duty as a knight.

Mórag: Hm.

The white haired girl doesn't seem to care at all.

Crossette: What about you? Why are you even helping us? Aren't you just an assassin for hire?

Mórag: Maybe but it'd be hard for me to get any work if the demons kill everyone.

They arrive and instantly notice all the spider webs.

Mórag: Stay close.

The half Dark Elf draws her daggers as Crossette draws her sword.

???: Venom Thread!

Mórag: Night Wall!

She creates a wall of darkness as a steaming ball of purple web smacks into it. The two girls see the attacker, Estemere.

Estemere: More helpless flies have stumbled into my web. I welcome you to my new feeding ground. I am Estemere, Demon General of Lust.

Crossette: Prepare to die, demon! Blade Flash!

Her sword glows as she attacks but the General of Lust blocks it.

Mórag: Phantom Double!

Four more Mórags appear as they all run around the spider Demon.

Mórag: Three Strike... Shadow Slash!

She strikes Estemere with what would've been one slice but instead, it was three.

Estemere: Gah! What the hell?!

Mórag: Three Strike Shadow Slash is a magic art that treats one cut as three.

Estemere: I underestimated you. Guess I may have to go all out! And your souls are going to be my next meal! Prepare to die!

Mórag: Wrong...

Her four clones circle Estemere.

Mórag: Shadow Snare!

Estemere gets pinned down by all four wrapping her legs in shadows.

Mórag: As I thought. You can block one dark magic art, but not multiple at once. Now where are the people?

Estemere: Obviously... I killed them and devoured their souls!

Crossette: Do you have no soul of your own?

Estemere: You humans are so sentimental. No use crying over them now that I have devoured them!

Crossette: Die, demon. Scorching Sword!

Her sword catches fire but the ground shakes. Suddenly Demia bursts from the earth.

Demia: Did you have a good feast, Sister? I'm jealous.

Mórag: A second Demon General?

Demia: I am Demia, Demon General of Envy. I must say, I'm jealous of your hair. I wish I had hair that nice.

Mórag: We have to kill them.

Her clones run around Demia but their knives bounce off the Demon's body.

Demia: Savage Sandstorm!

She spins her sandworm body and creates a massive sandstorm, destroying Mórag's clones.

Estemere breaks out of her restraints and spits web at the girls, pinning them to the ground.

Estemere: Now to feed.

Demia: You fed on this entire village. Allow me to have this kill.

Estemere: Eh... Very well...

Demia slithers up as her sandworm mouth opens, letting a pink slimy figure come out.

Mórag: Her actual body.

Demia: Don't make this difficult.

???: No you don't!

A flaming lion knocks Demia back. The fire disperses and Leone is standing in its place, cracking her knuckles.

Mórag: Leone.

Crossette: How did you know we'd get in trouble?

Leone: I sensed a second Demon General and rushed here as fast as possible.

Estemere: So we have another demon who betrayed her kind.

Leone: Alright. Can you two fight?

Crossette and Mórag manage to get out of the web.

Mórag: Yeah.

Estemere: Secret Magic Art! Invoke Arachne!

She becomes an extremely grotesque monster.

Demia: This doubles Estemere's strength.

Leone: Hm. And I was worried for a minute. Let me handle the spider bitch.

Estemere: YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME?!

Leone: You yell too much. Fire Mane.

Her hair combusts into fire as her demonic claw glows red.

Estemere: Venom Arrow Spray!

She spits thousands of purple spikes at Leone.

Leone: Blazing Lion Claw!

She slashes through the spikes and lunches at Estemere. Meanwhile, Crossette and Mórag try to break through Demia's defense.

Demia: You can't break through my sandworm hide. You must wish you had defense like this.

Crossette: Time to stop holding back. Secret Magic Art! Empowering Warrior!

Her entire body glows green. And she dashes around.

Mórag: Phantom Double! Secret Magic Art! Five Blade Night Cutter!

They attack all at once and knock Demia into a wall, injuring her. Leone fights Estemere and leaves the spider Demon on the ground bleeding.

Estemere: This is impossible... How can you... Be this strong?

Leone: My strength is my own. You gained power by feeding on the souls of people. Now say goodbye. Lion Fire!

She blasts Estemere and as she burns the Lust Demon, she rips out multiple hearts, crushing them all. Eventually Estemere turns to ash.

Demia: Sister!

Mórag: Don't worry. You'll be joining her soon.

Mórag raises one of her knives but Demia whips up a sandstorm. When it clears, the Envy Demon is gone.

Leone: Damn... We better head back.

The three begin traveling back to the kingdom.

End of Part 8