Part 9

Asterisk and Barroth enter Adam's home. The castle in the kingdom of Fretel. The ruler, King Dyo sees them.

Dyo: Adam, who is that?

Barroth: Sorry.

He stabs Dyo and kills him instantly. A bluish white orb then flies out of the dead king's mouth as Barroth devours it.

Barroth: This kingdom is under new management.

Knight: This is treason!

He charges but Asterisk blasts him with a dark grey ball of sludge.

Asterisk: Infect Spawn!

The sludge absorbs into the knight's body as he writhes in agony. He then starts mutating into a terrifying abomination.

 He then starts mutating into a terrifying abomination

Knight 2: What the hell?

Barroth: Asterisk was granted this power by the Demon Lord. He can create sludge that contains demon essence. Once it makes contact with something besides a demon, it turns it into a demon that follows his every command.

Asterisk: Humans are inferior to our kind... So you'll better serve us as demons. Infect Spawn!

He blasts the other knights in the room with the sludge and they all become demon footsoldiers. He then shoves King Dyo's corpse aside and sits in the throne.

Asterisk: Enslave the humans outside. Though I'd like to turn them, I have a better use for them. Perhaps to feed later.

Barroth: Of course.

Meanwhile, you are preparing to go face the Demon Generals.

Velouria: Y/N?

You turn to face the princess she looks at your necklace as if she's seen it a long time ago.

Y/N: Yeah?

Velouria: How much of your past have you remembered?

Y/N: A lot of it is still a blur but...

(Flashback)

You are wearing black armor as you stare at the corpse of a young woman with pure white hair and green eyes that stared unendingly into the sky.

Y/N: Lisabeth... Why did it have to be you...

You hug her lifeless body as if hoping it would revive her. Tears drop down your face as your eyes burn red.

Y/N: WHY?!

(End of Flashback)

Y/N: I remember... Her...

Velouria: You mean Lady Lisabeth?

Y/N: Yeah... This necklace... It belonged to her... I won't let anyone close to me die to those bastards again...

Meanwhile with King Dormas and Princess Emilia.

Emilia: Why is Velouria so talkative with Y/N?

Dormas: I took Velouria to a sage when she was a baby... She was born not long after Y/N's memories were altered. The sage told me something. It's why she seems so close to Y/N... Velouria... Is a reincarnation of Lady Lisabeth.

Emilia: Really?

Dormas: ... Yes. I suppose even death can't break their bond.

Dormas's Thoughts: I just hope nothing happens to awaken Y/N's wrath like 5000 years ago.

End of Part 9