Alive

Stark's POV-
Banner took out his walkie talkie and attached it to a wire, he plugged it into a speaker. The static filled the air in the living room. Bruce played around with the controls before it finally was coherent.
"Play it from when the man found Peter." I whispered. Banner moved the controls again and it rewinded to that part. Static buzzed and I heard muffled sounds.
"HELP ME PLEASE! I'M PETER! TELL MY DAD! I WANT MY DAD! PLEASE! PLEASE!" Peter's voice filled the room. I could hear my son.
"No... oh no..." I whispered. The man was clearing stabbed, he was spluttering. Peter called out for Banner and started crying harder. Loki taunted him, saying that this was his fault. I wanted him dead. Then there was a sound, a sound that I never wanted to hear again for as long as I live. A loud slap sounded through the speaker, then another two.
"Pl...please...it hurts... you're hurting me... please..." Peter's terrified voice sounded through the speakers.
I wanted to scream, to yell, to shout at the top of my lungs, but it just didn't happen. Steve shook his head sadly. Loki made another snide remark towards Peter, saying that he wasn't allowed to talk at all. Anger flushed through my body, I felt the blood run to my head. I could hear Peter begging him to stop, to let him go home. Tears welled up in my eyes. The words began to become distorted and I lost track of the conversation, lost in my own horrible thoughts. I couldn't bare to think about my son, all alone and in pain, not able to move.
"Are you sure? Did he tell you that he would protect you, save you from me? The world is unfair, people lie, including the asshole you call dad." Loki said.
"Jesus." I sighed, I was too worried about Peter to care about his insults.
"No... no no...Screw you...! That's my dad! Don't talk about him...like...like that! He doesn't lie!" My kid yelled at him. There was a loud noise and I prayed to God that Loki didn't hit him again. The kid was so trusting of me, God I don't deserve it. I don't deserve it at all. The kid had so much faith, even through all of this shit.
The elevator opened with a ding. I turned around to see Ned standing there, looking nervous.
"Uhh...hi Mr. Stark. I need to talk to you."
"Listen kid, I'm busy right now." I replied, I heard Peter's muffled yells from behind me. "You need to leave."
"No. I'm not leaving until you tell me where my best friend is. Peter might be like a son to you but he has been the best person in my life and you can't hide whatever's going on away from me." This is the first time Ned has ever even refused anything from me. He idolises me so much, I don't even think I've ever heard him say more than one sentence. I nodded and gestured for him to come over.
"Peter... is my son now. He calls me dad. And more importantly..." I sighed. "Loki has him, we don't know where, he sent us a video of him being shot? But he's still alive, I don't even know. It's hard to understand, we can hear him though, through the speaker." I pointed at it. "Not any more though, Loki has him gagged. And that's it, you're caught up. Don't tell May, she'll freak out. The only reason I'm telling you this is because I trust you, do you understand?" I asked. He looked around the room.
"Yes. Is Peter oka... Oh my God! You're Captain America and... you're the Hulk!" He exclaimed excitedly. I snapped my fingers in his face to make him look at me.
"Ned... your best friend has been kidnapped. Concentrate. You're smart right? Do you have any idea of any abandoned buildings in the area? Particularly a prison?"
"I... I mean, there's a bunch of them, I don't know about a prison but I do know about the abandoned hospital on fifth." He rubbed the back of his neck.
"Okay. Send men out there, I'm staying here to listen incase Loki comes back. Ned can stay too, just don't fan-boy too much." I sighed.
"On it. I'll go check for Peter, be back in a bit." Steve walked over to the elevator.
"Hey Cap? Stay safe." I smiled softly.
"Oh my God, you called him Cap." Ned whispered, trying to hold back a laugh. I glared at him and he avoided my eyes.
"Right... right. Sorry."
Steve went out the doors and nodded at me. Banner walked down the corridors, I assumed to the lab.
"Can... can I see the video of... of Peter? Please?" Ned asked softly.
"I don't... kid listen, this isn't something that is just going to leave your head. It's been replaying in mine ever since the first time I seen it. This could scar you..." I sighed again.
"I want to see it, please?" He walked over and sat beside me on the sofa.
I nodded and pulled out my phone. I put the video on and let Ned hold it, I wasn't going to watch that shit again.
The video ended and Ned looked over to me, face pure white.
"Are... are you sure he's still alive?" He mumbled.
"Yes! He would probably be shouting right now if he wasn't gagged." I frowned.
"Okay! Okay... I believe you..." Ned looked up at me confusedly. "How did he do that then?"
"I don't know yet, maybe he cloned Peter or... I don't know." I listened to the muffled groaning on the speaker again. "If he hurts my kid I swear to God I will... I will murder him."
Ned dropped his head.
"May's worried about him you know? What excuse do I use, he always visits her on Wednesdays."
"Just tell her he's... spending a lot of time studying... she would believe that, I think that she..." I was cut off by Loki's voice over the speaker.
I put my finger to my lip to shush Ned.
"Hello, Peter. I see the drip is finished, feeling better? I can unstrap you if you promise to eat next time. How does that sound?" Even though the static flew through the air, I could still make out the words. A drip? I'm gonna kill him. I heard Peter gasp for air.
"I don't want to eat, I want you to kill me. Please. I can't stay in this place until I die. I can't... I can't do it. Let me see my dad. I want my dad...Please." I missed his voice.
"Jesus." I muttered under my breath, my once happy child wanted to die.
"I guess we'll need to keep you there until you learn how to respect the rules then. And, as for your dad, I plan on paying him a visit very soon." Loki snarled back. "I'm surprised, you know, it took less time to break you than I thought it would."
"Wh... what does that mean?" Peter whispered.
"It means that no matter who touches you, who talks to you, you will only feel pain. For the rest of your pathetic life." Loki spoke quietly.
"You're... you're wrong... I'm still who I was before." Peter whispered again. There was a loud slapping sound followed by a weak sob from my kid.
"If he hurts him..!" I yelled, startling Ned. Peter continued.
"Ple...please... don't hurt my dad... please... I'll do anything... I-I won't cry... I'll do anything... I'll let you kill me... don't hurt my dad please..." Peter's voice cracked as he sobbed every word. How could he do that for me?
"You don't seem to be able to stop me. You'll learn to control yourself. Soon you will follow the rules. Until then, I will keep hitting you." I could hear my kid sobbing at the top of his lungs, muttering quiet words incoherently.
Anger took over my body, I tried to control my breathing.
"Ple...please stop hitting me..." He begged.
"It hurts doesn't it? Being touched over and over and over again? It hurts to be completely hopeless. Do you know what the Black Order did to me after your dad stopped me from taking over your stupid world? Worse than what has happened to you. Far worse. And he's paying for it right now, while you lie here and rot. If you're lucky I'll kill you. Slowly and painfully. When someone touches you, you'll only feel pain. Pain, and only pain." Loki said coldly.
"Stop it! Stop... stop please..." Peter cried. I swallowed hard and fought the overwhelming urge to cry. I couldn't stand this, all because Loki wanted to hurt me. Fuck, it was definitely working.
"I won't let Thanos down again. Goodbye, young Stark."