Reflexes

Peter's POV-
I watched as dad dragged that thing up both my arms, over my T-shirt though. I haven't taken it off since it happened. He sat it down on the desk beside me when he finished. I looked up at the screen, which now showed a clear image of both my arms. Banner looked at it intently before turning to face dad.
"Tony, I can't understand why his healing isn't functioning yet." He whispered, but I could still hear it loudly.
"What does that mean?" Dad whined more than asked.
"I'm gonna have to do more tests, blood sampling, taking blood pressure examples and X-rays." I felt my breathing quickened, my grip tightened around Nat's hand.
"Jesus kid, you're strong." Nat hissed. "Banner, why isn't his healing getting better if he clearly still has his strength and hearing? And obviously, he can still feel things more than other people." She said quickly, looking me in the eyes.
"I don't know yet, Peter isn't like ordinary humans." He looked in the drawers again.
"Da...dad... yo... you swore..." I stuttered, looking over to him.
"I know, I know, and I meant it, you're not gonna get hurt." He walked around to Banner's side and grasped my other hand. Bruce took out a pressure measuring tool. Dad immediately pulled it from his hand and brought it up to my arm. I shifted slightly but let him put it on. Banner still held the pump though. He put pressure on it and the strap started to inflate. Banner wrote some stuff down and dad took it off my arm gently.
"Uh...Tony?" Bruce looked nervous, which didn't make me feel great if I'm being honest.
"Yeah?" Dad replied.
"I need to be the one who does his bloods. I'm sorry." Banner sighed.
"I...yeah... yeah okay. I'll hold his arm and you can do the needle." Dad looked down to me. I was almost crying, I blinked repeatedly. He lifted up the sleeve on my left arm and his breathing got faster.
"Kid? These bruises?" He sighed.
I completely forgot, if they're bad on the left what are they gonna be like on the right, that's where he kept grabbing me.
"I...I... don't want bloods done." I changed the subject.
"It's okay, I'm gonna hold you, okay?" He whispered.
"Me too." Nat said as she squeezed my hand. I nodded and smiled weakly.
"Good boy." Dad muttered, he put his hand through my hair, it always made me feel so safe when he did that.
Bruce came closer to me and dad held my arm still using both of his hands. I felt myself tense up.
"Kid, you need to relax." Nat said quickly. I tried my best to control my breathing. I felt a sharp pain in my arm and jolted forward as far as I could. Nat pushed me back with her left hand and held me still. I watched as the blood left my body and got a similar feeling to when I was on the drip. I whimpered quietly and turned so my head was hidden in the pillow. I'm not... weak, I'm not afraid of needles, but the... the contact...it hurts. It's all too familiar.
"It's done, it's all over. Come here." I turned back around and dad pulled me into a hug. I pulled my sleeve down quickly.
"Wh... when is it gonna stop?" I choked quietly.
"Soon, soon. It's okay." Dad rubbed my hand. "Banner, come on. What else do you need to do?"
"An X-Ray, then some reflex tests and that's it for today." Bruce looked down at me. "Uhh... X-Ray first." He mumbled. He went to touch me, I flinched back as far as possible, but dad grabbed his hand anyways.
"Don't. Let me do whatever it is. Let me do it." Dad let go of his arm. Bruce nodded understandingly.
"Over there." He pointed at the side of the room, dad put his arm underneath mine and helped me up. We walked over to the corner of the room, closely followed by Nat. Bruce pulled open a cupboard and a large screen came out. He pressed a button on the back of it and it turned a luminous blue.
"Here. C'mere." Dad walked behind the screen and I followed him, he let go of my hand and I stood there, entirely still. I watched as the adults looked down at the screen.
"You're doing great kid, stay still." Nat smiled at me.
"Okay... all done." Banner gave me the thumbs up and walked over to his computer. I went back over to dad.
"Reflex tests and then that's you done, okay?" Dad put his arm over my shoulder. I nodded my head and walked over to the bed. Bruce brought out a small hammer, and handed it to dad.
"Okay, Tones. You're just gonna lightly tap Peter's kneecap, can you do that?" Bruce asked. Dad didn't do anything.
"Dad?" I looked up at him.
"I can't do it... I'm sorry." He turned away.
"Tony. Give it to me." Nat spoke up. Dad turned back around and handed it to her. "Why couldn't you do it?"
"I...I couldn't break my promise. I swore not to hurt him and I'm not going to." Dad grabbed my hand again and looked into my eyes, "I'm not gonna do it."
Nat took the hammer and gripped it tight. She took in a breath and hit it off my knee. I yelped quietly. She did the same on the other side.
"That's weird, his reflexes are normal, like a regular humans again. Didn't he have super reflexes? Like he knew what was going to happen before it happened?" Banner muttered as he wrote down in his notepad. "Tony. I need to talk to Nat for two seconds. Stay here with Peter."
"Wasn't planning on leaving." Dad mumbled. Nat followed Bruce out the door and closed it.
"You okay?" Dad asked.
"Mmh. I love you."
"Love you more, kid." Dad smiled gratefully.
Nat suddenly walked through the door and waltzed straight up to me. She bent down to me and stayed there.
"I...Auntie Nat?" I whispered, pushing my head back and trying my best to disappear into the pillow.
"Nat, what are you..?" Dad was cut off. She brought her hand up and went to slap me. Dad grabbed her arm and I let out a dry sob. Tears started to fall from my eyes and Dad dropped her arm.
"I'm so sorry... I'm so so sorry. I love you." She attempted to hug me, but I turned away and clung to dad's top.
"What the fuck?! Natasha! What was that?! Are you insane?!"
"I... I didn't want to." Nat whispered. I was still shaking from the scare.
"Tony. I had to make sure his senses were still there." Bruce said quickly.
"You couldn't have done that another way?!" Dad yelled.
"I didn't want to." Auntie Nat walked out of the room, slamming the door behind herself.
"Jesus Christ." Dad pulled me into another hug. "I'm sorry for cursing kid." I sniffed hard and closed my eyes.