Fall Of SHIELD

"Pierce is the only one who could've ordered that missile strike. If he is HYDRA, all of SHIELD is working under him." Steve said as we entered.

"Then you'll have to tell him the truth about HYDRA. They'll believe you, I'm sure." I said. "And something has to be done about SHIELD too.

"What do you mean?" Fury asked.

"Well, HYDRA has its roots inside it. Some kind of deworming is clearly needed."

"I don't think any kind of deworming would do the job. SHIELD has to go." Said Steve firmly, never afraid to take extreme actions.

"Are you nuts? Would you kill a man if he's got worms? We just have to clean it up." Fury was not that radicle.

"You've had your chance to clean it up all these years when you were the director. Cap is right. We need to take down SHIELD." For once, Tony agreed with him.

I didn't say anything. I didn't have to. Fury was clearly outnumbered.

"So, how do you plan to do it?" Hill inquired.

Tony had a plan. "First we'll have to take down the hellicarriers. Blow up anything we can get our hands on, inside them. Transmitters, Control Panels, anything. Ms. Hill can sneak into the headquarters amidst the chaos and release all of SHIELD's files online. That ought to shut it down. What's a secret organization without secrets? It will also leak HYDRA's secrets."

"Sounds like a plan." Steve approved.

Fury just shook his head in resignation. Hill, it appeared, wasn't as interested in salvaging SHIELD as Fury was. "Insight will be launched in an hour. We'll have to leave now." She said. "Is your suit ready?"

"As ready as it'll ever be." Tony answered.

….

I was sitting in a car along with Nick Fury parked ashore the bay, near the headquarters. Against my medical advice, he insisted on coming here.

"What's with the low sugar levels? I've never seen you to succumb this much to stress." He commented.

"It's not stress." I told him. "It's kind of …. complicated.

"Complicated, as in related to that Tesserect superpower?" he said, surprising me. "Oh yes, I've got eyes and ears everywhere. It's a shame you can't use it to help them in this mission."

"I can barely stand up. What do you want me to do?"

"Your best." He answered, simply.

Soon enough, the action began. A large number of SHIELD Agents had rallied to our cause. Looked like Steve's speech worked. Tony trying to get inside a hellicarrier which was already midair. I counted a total of three gunned hellicarriers. One for Tony, one for Steve, and… I doubted any of them could reach the third one in time.

I got out of the car. I can control it, I told myself, the power as well as its effects. I closed my eyes and visualized the hellicarrier getting torn down, piece by piece. I could feel the telekinesis working. And I could also feel the dizziness engulfing my brain.

"No, not again." I said. You can control it, came a voice from inside my head. I felt my feet leave the ground. The next thing I knew was me floating midair, with the hellicarrier in front of me getting dismantled by blue light beams.

The other two were also going down. One of them directly towards the SHIELD headquarters. I think Tony took 'taking down SHIELD' a bit too literally. Thankfully, the building had been evacuated during all this commotion. Tony was saving the people from the falling debris.

I couldn't see Steve anywhere. I looked around, searching for him. I found him at the other side of the bay. Someone was taking him out of the water. I recognized that someone to be the Winter Soldier.

I quickly 'flew' to him. The Winter Soldier or Bucky, whoever he was, had disappeared when I reached there.

"Steve." I called out. He didn't respond. I noticed two bullet wound on his abdomen and one on his arm. He was barely breathing.

I started giving him CPR. After about a minute, he coughed.

"You just can't keep your mouth off me, can you?" he joked, grinning.