Chapter 11

I banged my head to the wall a first time.

Then a second.

And a third.

Anger never flooded my muscles this hard before.

Not when I left my only brother on his own, worse that it was on Christmas, nor when mom left the house and never came back.

At least back then I was able to do something. I managed to make things easier for me and my brother. Dad did well on his own, mom didn't bother, but Spencer was helpless.

But now? Now I'm the helpless one.

What was I to do when my brother is suffering from depression and suicide, my grades were suffering from my lack of attention, and my boyfriend was schizophrenic?

The last one hurt like hell, almost as much as the others.

My 3 priorities, and the three of them were down the drain.

Worst of all, I couldn't be there for them, and they couldn't be here for me.

My dorm room was absolutely trashed, and my roommate was sitting in his bed in absolute horror as he witnessed the apocalypse that happened in here.

I gave him a sorry look and hoped he wouldn't request a roommate change because he was nice company; very silent and shy.

"Sorry you had to see that" I apologized after I calmed down.

He vigorously shook his head "No-No worries. I'll clean up." He took the chance to bolt outside the room to get some cleaning supplies.

A ding emitted from my laptop which was one of the few things I hadn't broken yet.

The email left me shocked.

Hello Hunter.

I know it isn't my place to contact you so suddenly and out of the blue knowing what I did. I never have been the best mother and I probably never will. But I really want to try.

I know, I left you and your brother out of a sudden. I just needed to be alone and to fight my own battles.

Your father knew and was more than accepting and supportive. Don't blame him for not telling you anything. I made him swear on it. Sometimes it's better if you don't know.

I didn't want any of you to be worried about me, so I thought better let them hate me than worry about me.

I'm at a better place in my life currently. A much better and healthier place. I missed you and Spencer so much and I really, really hope you reply to me or contact me through this email.

I know you might be thinking that I don't deserve a chance, but please, just let me talk to you and I promise I'll make things right. All I need is a chance.

Contact me as soon as possible. I'm burning to hear from you and your brother again.

All the love,
Kathy.