Chapter 2 "I think I'm gonna like it here"

Betty's POV
"Who are the lodges?" I ask
"There a family that we knew in high school and they took a lot from us and this town, look We'll explain everything later, but today is about you so how bout hookie today?
"Wait a minute, when chick and I  we're in high school we never got to skip, not even on our birthday" Polly says irritated.
"Because your guys birthday is in July.."
"What do you say fp can the boys skip?"
"I dunno sweat pea has a pretty bad grade in math.." fp reply's to my mom with a chuckle.
"It's because I don't understand numbers!! How is that my fault?"
We can all sense the Anxst in sweat peas voice so fp calms him down telling him he can skip.
See when we were about 13. Fp started fostering sweat pea and fangs and became there permanent foster father. No adoption... yet.
Later that day we went to the movie obviously are parents stayed back but halfway during the movie I ran out of my drink.
"Can I get a refil.. and a mike and Ike."
"Here you go"
"Thanks Ben"
I turned around and bumped into a tall, green eyed, raven haired guy wearing an odd beanie.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry."
"It's fine" he said coldly  as he picked up my candy handed it to me then walked away.
"Damn someone has no manners" I mumbled to myself so low nobody could here it as I walked back to the theater i here someone yell "what's the southside serpents?" I turn around it was the guy in the beanie.
"My gang, newbie,  You might wanna stay out of the southside, they might eat you alive" I say turning around and giggling walking back to my friends.

Jugheads pov
I left the movie theater because I got in a fight with my dad. I don't think I'll ever be good enough for him.
"Forsyth!" I here walking down the steps.
"What!"
"You will talk to me with respect, I am your father."
"No! A father will take my feeling into consideration except me for who I am. I'm not like you.. or Veronica. I don't care about money or any of this and I sure as hell didn't wanna leave New York. I actually had friends there people who cared about me."
"Son, we care about you and if this is about your friends you start school in a week." Hiram said.
"No this is about them i get it family's have to move but what I don't get is you buying half the houses in riverdale and you don't even care that's most of them might end up homeless!"
"Hey.. keep your voice down it's an anonymous buyer for a reason and lodge industries needs to expand we need to make a profit somewhere"
"So people's lives are just a game to you, this has always been the case you fight with me all the time because I'm not like you.. I don't where suits 24/7 and I don't care about money so you've always treated me differently" I yell so loud my father had no words he just kinda nodded and went back inside.
I just kinda go on a walk a little while later I ended up I don't know where but I ran into that girl from earlier and her friends.
"Hey newbie I thought I told you to stay out of the southside.." the blonde says walking toward me while the rest stayed back.
"Truth is, I have now idea where I am, I went on a walk and got lost."
"Where do you live?"
"The pembrooke" I hesitantly say knowing she's gonna change the way she talks to me.
"Okay, I'll walk you home."
"Really? no sarcastic rich boy comment, nothing"
"Do you want me to?" She asks kinda confused.
"No umm Carry on." I say
"Guys I'll meet you guys back at the trailer in a few" she says to her friends.
"What cmon!??" They all say and start to boo her.
"This way," she says kinda cute to escort me.