Chapter 6 "The outsiders"

"Jug I'm so sorry, I've never seen her like this before" Betty says grabbing my hand.
"Look my parents do/did some pretty bad things, it pains me to say I get it."
2 months later
I was walking home... from Betty's.. us sneaking around.. school they all have, have been amazing, I got to the railroad track I looked at it and smiled I remembered when Betty and I were here and our moment. My mood changed when I heard branches cracking as if people were walking on them so I looked around and quickly realized I was being surrounded. I recognized them immediately from Betty's surprise party. They were her friends? Brothers? That part was still fuzzy to me.
"Hey guys" I said my voice cracked because I was nervous they were all surrounding me in a circle. These guys were in a gang and it made me quickly realize I didn't know anything about Betty and the southside serpents.
"Can I help you." Was all I got out, at this point I was frozen not literally but I didn't Show any emotion.
"Lodge?" Sweet pea asked.
"Look I'm not trying to cause trouble.."
"Good than stay away from Betty" Fp said stepping up to the group that was already.
He was about to say something else but then about 13ish bikes came and interrupted us. These guys were different.. they had spikes coming out from there jackets and grease over there faces. They swang around spiked bats and chains hitting anything and everything they could.
Before I knew it I was lying there. On the floor. Beaten with a half inch of my life.
Next thing I knew was I woke up in a hospital room.  I had no idea how much time had passed.

"Son your okay,"
I look over and see my dad in a chair and my mom on the other side of the room in a grey hoodie and sweatpants, her hair was tied back in a effortless, low ponytail. You can tell she was tired because she didn't have makeup on and she had bags under her eyes.
"What the hell happened?"
"You tell me why on earth have you been hanging out with a gang?" By than my mom woke up and she made her way over to me kissing my cheek and grabbing my hand."
"It's not what you think I was hanging out with some friends I met.... at school they just happened to be serpents."
"Well I swear I'm going to make sure each one of those serpents pay."
"Dad no it's not what you think.." but he was already out the door I sat up and winced in pain trying to follow him I was too weak so I laid back in bed my mom crawled into bed with me and just laid with me.
"I love you"
Right when I herd that I looked at her noticing that she was crying silently.
"Mom... are you okay?"
She quickly wiped her face and looked at me.
"Promise me.. that one day you'll get away from your father and leave"
"What?" My moms never said anything like this before.
She jolts up and locks the door
"Forsyth I need you to promise when you turn 18 you'll leave.. leave me and your sister behind and don't look back."
"What? Mom I'm not leaving you and Veronica."
"Son I can't leave.. you and your sister are untouchable but me..." she chokes
"It's too late for me".
I've never seen my mom this vulnerable or scared hell I've never seen her cry Before.
"Mom what are you talking about?"
The door handle jiggles and she looks at me terrified.
"This conversation never happened" her face went back to emotionless it was like she wasn't crying she unlocked the door and my dad popped in.
"Hermione?" He jerked is collar fixing it.
"I need to speak with you for a moment."
They both walked out and Veronica my sister ran in.
"Jug!" She yelled dropping her bag.
"Veronica?"
"I'm so glad your okay!" She leans down to hug me
"Has anyone seen my phone? I need to call Betty."
"Who's Betty"
"My girlfriend" I say sitting up tearing the IV out of my arm.
As soon as I said that I here a familiar voice say my name.
"Jug"
I look over and see betty. She clearly looks like she was beaten her whole face was black and blue. She was in sweats and a hoodie. Her hair was down and it looked like it hadn't been brushed in a while. She kept her hand closed to her chest. She obviously was in pain. Hell she looked like she was hit by a semi.
"Betty? Oh my god what happed?" I said reaching to her face.
"Jug I'm fine, I'm so so sorry. This wasn't suppose to happen and you ended up here I.."
I cut her off
"Betty who did this"
"The goulies, The got to us... to you... im so sorry"
"Goulies? What?" Betty almost fell
"Betty you look like you belong in a hospital."
"I was but I have to do something and I needed to say goodbye"
"what? What do you mean by goodbye."
"I love you jughead jones. I'm so sorry I have to save my family at all costs.. even if it means my life."
"What? Betty? What are you talking about just talk to me please..." I say grabbing her trying to get her to turn around.
She mouthed I'm sorry and hit the patient 911 button
"This patients trying to escape." Betty yelled my mom and Veronica looked shocked.
And within seconds the room was raided, nurses were trying to put me in bed and Betty escaped with her hood on not making herself visible. I just kept yelling.
"Betty! Betty! Betty! "ELIZABETH!!" By the time I said her name for the last time she was long gone, tears were in my eyes and the nurse was sedating me.