Chapter 4 "The son of the enemy"

Betty's POV
I kinda got scared for a second but I was looking at his eyes and they looked tired. I was speechless for a second. I had been screwed over so many times that I was kind of used to the feeling but these feelings were different.
"Your Hiram's son?" I asked.. it was all I got out.
"Yes" he said moving his arm that were back in his pockets.
"Are you here doing his work?" I asked.
"What? No Betty you have to believe me when I say when I met you I was trying to get away from him and I ran into you. I don't get along with him and I didn't know who you were when i met you I swear.

Part of me wanted to tell him to leave but the other have of me wanted to kiss him.
"Betty my relationship with my family sucks and I want nothing to do with them or their plans.."
I interrupted him by walking to him grabbing the collar on his shirt pulling him down to me our lips met and I couldn't help but smile. I pulled away to take a breath and then went in again. After ending the kiss i tell him I believe him.
"You do? He asks with a smile on his face
"Yea So can I take you home or are you going to try to walk again" I ask
He gets on my bike and I don't take him directly home we just ride for a little bit than I drop him off.

The next morning
I woke up in the loft above the bar happy just genuinely happy it wasn't long before it faded.
I herd crashes and screaming coming from downstairs and I immediately ran down there. I had just woken up so I was still in my panties and an old oversized t shirt. I didn't have a choice the bar wasn't open this early and all the windows and doors were locked. I jetted down the stairs grabbing a gun we keep hidden in the stair case. I lifted the gun at where there was a guy crouched on the floor.
"Hands in the air now!" I yell right before I clicked the safety off.
"Whoa, woah, Betty it's just me I thought I'd bring you breakfast." Jughead said lifting up a paper bag with Greece seeking through it dripping almost.
Once I saw it was him I immediately put the gun down.
"JUG WHAT ARE YOU DOING I ALMOST SHOT YOU!" I had no choice but to take a deep breath and unplug myself from alert mode
"Clearly," He said setting the bag down almost like her didn't care a gun was just in his face, he wasn't fazed at all.
"No, jug really I'm sorry, but you could've called and I would've let you in so you didn't have to crawl through a small window and fall 5 feet on a table." I said chucking.
"Betty relax. I grew up in New York it's not the first time a gun has been pointed at me and if I called you it wouldn't have been a surprise and I would've missed seeing you in your pajamas." He said first sorting the food than by the end of the sentence he was checking me out.
"Let me go get changed." I sad laughing but as I walked away he grabbed my hand and spun me around and kissed me. Nothing was said we just embraced each other and after a few seconds I turned and went upstairs knowing he was watching me walk away.
After we ate, my mom wanted me to meet her and talk so we met at pops. Jug went home and than I went to pops.
As the bell above the door rang I made my way to mom who was at a booth not far down.
"Hey mom what's up?" I said as I took a seat.
"Nothing I just think we should talk, are you hungry?"
"No, I already ate"
"Okay well, honey your 17 now and I'm not tying to control your life but I don't think you should go see Hal anymore."
"What? Why?" I said confused.
"Honey that man did some awful things and he drove you to do some things and I just don't want you to. Umm, you know,,... relapse."
I just stared at her for a second I knew exactly what she was taking about I just didn't like talking about it.
"Mom I'm fine and he wasn't the only reason I did what I did and I was only going to see dad one last time because I had to get some things off my chest, but if you really don't want me too I don't have too."
My mom grabbed my hand and just smiled.
What she said was an easy request and I understand why but... I don't know.
"So, Jug-head?" She said
A smile just came to my face.
"Are you guys... you know... dating?"
"Umm, we have kissed but dating.... I dunno."
Mom just squealed  and took a sip of her coffee.
"But mom there's something you should know.."
Her eyes lifted up and and our eyes connected.
"He's Hiram lodges son..."