𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇 🌻

🌻
𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓇
🌻

When Jungkook planned things out in his head, he often had more confidence. He could imagine himself as the brave, handsome warrior that could capture the heart of any handsome onlooker with a snap of his fingers. This was, of course, completely false.

But in all honesty, he really didn't expect Mr. Pretty Stranger to walk right into the flower shop, or to stop right in front of Jungkook and murmur excitedly, "Hello Jungkook!", nearly bursting the younger's eardrums.

Taehyung was extremely excited, and anyone could see this from the way his energy was practically bursting through his skin. He rocked back and forth from his toes to his heels, whipping his head from side to side to take the beautiful view in. He had come to the mall with a mission, and wished desperately to find the perfect gift for his boyfriend.

See, Jinwoo had surprised him with another bouquet- this time of pink roses- but if that by itself wasn't enough, he wrote another little love letter to accompany it. Taehyung had been unable to slap the smile off of his face since the flowers had arrived at their impressive home earlier that day, appearing on his doorstep in the arms of a smiley Hoseok. The delivery boy did not mention anything of the card, but he smiled knowingly while handing the bouquet over to the bright eyed Taehyung.

It had been a week since their six month anniversary, and Taehyung wondered if this flower exchange would become a regular occurrence. He giggled at the mere thought of it, already planning out some type of room decor that would involve pasting the love notes all over a poster board, decorating with the help of red and pink heart stickers.

So here he was, in the center of Marigold Promenade, looking for the perfect gift for Jinwoo. It was what the man deserved, for putting such effort into making Taehyung happy- and yes, he was easy to please, but Taehyung had just never seen this side of Jinwoo before. It was an idea Taehyung was not used to.

Equipped with the most recent love note (for inspiration), Taehyung set out to find his lover the perfect gift, even though he had little money on him. He flicked his fingers through the dollar bills in his left jean pocket, and sighed in distaste as he felt many of them clustered together, each holding little value. Taehyung was pretty sure they were all ones.

But as he looked down at the bouquet note, written in the same loopy script as last time, Taehyung knew that the creator of these pretty thoughts wouldn't mind a cheap gift.

The poem that Taehyung held, slightly crumbled between his thin fingers, read:

I know this gift is not as sweet
as it might have been last week
but I would send a million flowers
to make your day a bit less bleak.
Every single piece of you is the best
part of me,
my pretty Taehyung, my love,
no greater gift than he.

Love, Jinwoo.

And of course, reading the sappy lines again made Taehyung's heart flutter in his chest, and his cluttered mind was brought back to the same gift idea: flowers.

Was this idea unoriginal? Yes, considering it was the same gift Jinwoo gave to him. But Taehyung wanted to fill Jinwoo with the same fuzzy, love filled blurbs of thought that inhabited his own mind, so he found his feet making a beeline for Mother Earth Florists before his brain could catch up.

And thus, Taehyung's feet made an abrupt stop in front of a certain wide eyed employee, who inhaled sharply as the customer leaned in, read his name tag, and giggled, "Hello Jungkook!"

Shit, Jungkook thought to himself. Now I really have to ask. Overcoming the initial surprise of being addressed directly by the blonde customer, Jungkook cleared his throat before responding in a timid voice.