𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃 ☄️

(; love u my lil ducklings

☄️
𝒻𝒾𝒻𝓉𝑒𝑒𝓃
☄️

The next morning, Jungkook awoke to a heaviness in his chest, feeling strangled and out of breath.

Upon further inspection, the source of his discomfort was found: Taehyung was cuddling (nearly strangling) Jungkook.

The thing that made little splotches of pink blossom on Jungkook's cheeks wasn't just that Taehyung was holding onto him, it was how he was holding on.

Taehyung was back hugging the younger, wrapping his long, sturdy arms around Jungkook possessively. Taehyung's chin nestled neatly in the dip of Jungkook's shoulder, lips dangerously close to his collarbone, and the younger shivered as he felt the snowy breeze of Taehyung's exhalations.

And Taehyung was still asleep. So Jungkook, being the great friend he was, allowed Taehyung to sleep a bit more, and tried to ignore his heart breakdancing against the walls of his ribs, hammering away like a cheetah in a shoebox- Let me out, Jungkook, you know what I want.

Jungkook groaned, remembering that he had to go to work that day. With Taehyung's warm body cradling him like a hot spoon to ice cream, Jungkook really didn't want to get out of bed.

Jungkook felt Taehyung stir, and then felt a pair of lips brush against his collarbone, then a body shifting, and then lips on the back of his neck. Finally, the warmth of a second body was stripped from Jungkook, and he flipped over to see Taehyung standing up, stretching his arms out and yawning. His hair stuck up in different directions, and the dark brown roots of his natural hair color lined the tips of his scalp, fading into the bleached blonde color that seemed so fitting for the beautiful boy.

"Good morning Tae," Jungkook whispered, longing for a cup of coffee, and maybe also a hug.

"Morning Koo," Taehyung mumbled, voice deep and smooth, like warm honey on toast. Jungkook smiled.

"I'm going to work today," Jungkook said, rubbing his eyes with small fists. "My shift is from 9 to 2, but I said I would do a later shift too, so I get off at 8, and then maybe after we can go do something."

Taehyung nodded, stretching out his arms. "We could go to the movies again, maybe. Or... wanna go out for dinner? Or to the mall?"

Jungkook frowned, picking at his fingernails. "Too much money, Taehyungie," he mumbled, biting his lip and sulking a bit. "Sorry."

Taehyung smiled quickly, reaching down to grab Jungkook's hands, rubbing two thumbs against the pairs of knuckles. "That's fine, Kook. We can go to the park, maybe," Taehyung suggested, and Jungkook nodded hurriedly, messy hair bouncing up and down.

"Yeah! Or I can teach you how to garden- we just got little seed packages at the store! You'll love the tulips, really," Jungkook babbled, melting at the thought of Taehyung's soil covered shirt and hands adorned with yellow gardening gloves, planting tulip seeds into the earth. Such a pretty mental image.

"Jungkook," Taehyung began, rummaging through his small bag of belongings. "D'you think I could come with you to work today? Some places in the mall are hiring, I think, and I want to help out with rent."

Jungkook nodded. "Of course you can come. But don't think you have to pay the rent, or anything. That's not reasonable," Jungkook said. "This is my apartment, I can pay."