𝟶𝟹: 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃

Jahseh had spent the past hour and a half staring himself down in the mirror. He brainstormed all the excuses he could come up with to convince Gazzy that it wasn't safe to go, yet none of them seemed urgent or logical. His mind drifted elsewhere once he started realizing that there was really no way out of this late night outing with his friend, not even death. He inhaled and exhaled a few times before finally sucking it up to get dressed. He settled on a white tank and a silver sweater to top it off since it usually got slightly colder when night approached. He decided to top off the look with some tight fitted black jeans and a hat he could use to hide his face since Jahseh hates being spotted in public.

"Are you ready? You're taking too long and Omar's almost here." Gazzy stuck his head through the doorway of Jahseh's room.

Jahseh looked himself over one last time before deciding to add a few chains to complete his fit. He breathed in deeply before turning towards Gazzy sending him a reassuring nod. After a long moment of trying to convince Gazzy why he shouldn't go, they ventured out into the open when Omar arrived. He was dressed in a suit, a typical attire to see him in while Gazzy was dressed in a hot pink outfit which he took quite a liking to.

Upon arrival, all three men parted ways. Jahseh was left to sit at the bar alone while Gazzy and Omar's bodies dispersed into the large crowd almost mixing perfectly with everyone else's synced bodies. Jahseh made an effort to always keep an eye out for Gazzy just in case anything were to happen. His mind kept drifting to the past events that took place the last time Gazzy was left to fend for himself because Jahseh wasn't doing what he promised.

He immediately shuddered at the thought and turned around to go find Gazzy when a deep coarse voice interrupted him.

"Worried about your friend, huh?"

Jahseh whipped around and glared at the person in front of him. The voice belonged to a much taller and skinnier man who he assumed was the bartender. Yet to Jahseh, he didn't seem to come off as one at all.

"Uh- Yeah. How'd you know?" Jahseh inquired with a hint of fear laced in his voice.

"That came out wrong, didn't it?" The man laughed and threw his hands up in defense before speaking once again. "Just an observation. You've been watching him for quite some time now."

"And apparently you've been watching me for quite some time as well, so what does that say about you?"

His tone was unintentionally rude, but he didn't seem to care about it at all. The man only laughed and proceeded to make drinks for other people that walked into the bar looking for a good time.

"Look," the mysterious bartender stated, finally turning around to face Jahseh after the orders were rounded up. "I'm just sayin' it seems weird to be in a bar filled with people watching your friend have a good time when you should be having one yourself."

"What gives you the impression that I'm not having a good time?" Jahseh crossed his arms and stared apathetically at the man. The lights were too dim and there was too much music and commotion going on to properly see him, even with the flashing bright ones.

"You don't even know me."

The man snickered and looked as if he was leaning over the counter.

"I don't need to know you in order to tell, even though I'd love to know you. I can just tell you aren't. You look like you don't even want to be here."

And he really didn't. He disregarded the mans attempt to flirt and thought it over. Ever since he walked into the club Jahseh was on edge. He was frantic and panicking whenever he lost sight of Gazzy, the loud music erupting in his ears made him anxious to leave but he'd feel like a buzzkill if he were to drag Gazzy along with him. He was also becoming uncomfortable with how easy this man could read him. Nonetheless, he needed a friend.

"I'd be lying to myself if I told you that was false," he chuckled. He let out a long sigh and leaned forward to rest his forearms against the counter, surprised that he was finally able to tear his eyes away from Gazzy. He was here to have fun, right? Omar could handle that hot pink Barbie.

"What's the strongest drink you have..." Jahseh trailed off as he waited for the man to state his name.

"I thought you'd never ask. It's Stokeley," he reached his hand out to shake Jahseh's. He extended his hand out to meet him halfway and was surprised when a large cold hand tightly wrapped around his smaller one.

It was almost too cold.

"Jahseh." He quickly drew his hand back as he spoke. "Now what's the strongest drink you have, Stokeley? I'm here to get fucked up. Show me a good time."

"My pleasure."

Stokeley followed his orders and made Jahseh the strongest drink as requested. He sat back in silence, occasionally questioning Jahseh only to receive witty answers as the drink slowly started to kick in. He had mixed in a few pills suitable to his liking, and also Jahseh's since he seemed to be having the time of his life. He hated prey with personality, but there was something alluring about Jahseh that he couldn't put his finger on. Soon enough, he was going to find out.

Soon enough, he would end it too.

"You alright there?" Stokeley asked innocently. His eyes were bloodshot and heavily dilated he could barely keep them open. Jahseh was starting to stumble as he struggled to slide himself off of the stool. Stokeley quickly made his way around the counter not too long after tripping over the dead body that lay at his feet.

"Are YOU alright?" Jahseh giggled emphasizing his words.

Stokeley glanced back to stare at the lifeless body behind the counter, who used to be the actual bartender. The blood from his side was starting to pool everywhere, almost in sight where everyone could see.

He snickered as he turned to Jahseh. "Never better. Let me get you out of here, you aren't stable enough to drive yourself.

"No no," he wiggled his finger in a back and forth motion in front of Stokeley's face. "Gazzy.. will drop me. I just need to find him."

"Looks to me as if this Gazzy person already left you," Stokeley was now standing behind Jahseh snaking his arm around his waist holding him up against his side. The smaller boy had a scent of faint vanilla if it weren't for the heavy liquor on his breath.

"Don't worry. I'll take you home to him. What's the address?"

As Jahseh failed to recall what his new address was, Stokeley carefully guided him out of the club. He was a hiccuping mess who could barely even walk on his own talking nonsense into Stokeley's ear when they got to his car. He opened the back door and let Jahseh's heavy body drop into the backseat of the car slamming it quickly behind him. Not too long after, Jahseh was fast asleep not fully aware of the horrors he was about to witness and the trouble he had put himself into.

All because of one night out.