Chapter 7: His Childhood

The child screamed and growled as his body was racked with tremors

The child screamed and growled as his body was racked with tremors. His eyes - now a stunning yellow, out-shined the yellow glow of the candles as he ran around the home like a madman. Every moment or so the child would drop to his knees and scratch at the floors, breaking his short nails down to the stubs, only to get back up and run around crazed.

His mouth foamed when he collapsed to the floor once more. His insides were on fire, making him go insane. To him, it felt like something was trying to break free from him, and as it was trying to break free, it felt like it was shredding his insides up.

The boy writhed around on the floor, growling like an animal and tugging at his hair so hard that he ripped some of it out in clumps. His body temperature rose, and with it, beads of sweat coated his body.

His muscles weakened and exhaustion set in. He wouldn't be getting back up again, because soon, a deep sleep would set in, shutting his body down and healing itself of the damage it had sustained during the bout of animalistic mannerisms.

His body twitched and he growled like a rabid beast as the last pangs of agonizing pain faded away. His last moments of consciousness were spent panting like a dog before his glowing, yellow eyes lost the fight and surrendered back to their usual blue ocean color.

And then his eyes shut and his body fell limp. His breathing slowed and his heart rate decreased.

His parents had witnessed the entire scene. This wasn't the first time it had happened, and it won't be the last. The parents had tried to seek help. They had tried everything - doctors, specialists, healers, special herbs, and more.

But to no avail.

Nothing had worked, and the parents were on their wit's end. They had spent a fortune on trying to find a cure for their son, but they did not fret.

For they had riches of all kinds and lots of money.

But, this time, they had brought a priest with them, who examined the child's outburst and now kneels down next to the sleeping boy.

He slicks the boy's wet hair back away from his face and looks the young lad over. He sighs and shakes his head as he peels open one of his eyes and looks at his pupil.

"What is it, Father Richard?" The mother of the child asks, sounding desperate. Her husband held her in his arms as they stood over their child with concerned eyes.

"I'm afraid.....he's possessed." The priest spoke in a hushed whisper.

"P-possessed?" The mother said, her eyes wide with fear. 

Law states that if anyone becomes possessed, they are to be done away with. Trying to cure the person is illegal, lest the demon finds another host to dwell in. Only death will cure the inflicted, as they believe the demon will have no choice but to flee back into the pits of hell.