Chapter 14: Beast of Silver

The darkness could not hinder the silver eyes from radiating their haunting glow

The darkness could not hinder the silver eyes from radiating their haunting glow. Amidst the dungeon that reeked of death and disease, stood a being of light and darkness. He was not one or the other, he was both.

The dark cloak flowed down his features like a cascading waterfall, tendrils of his silver hair fell in his eyes as he watched the unconscious young woman hanging from chains.

He would have to do something about it, he would have to do something indeed.

But the world was not yet ready for his reveal, their reveal. He was on a mission, and it was not time to interfere just yet.

Time was ticking.

Time was ticking indeed.

This kingdom would crumble, and it would crumble soon.

But now was not the time. Patience was truly a virtue, and his Alpha had mastered the art of patience.

The man dissipated as if into thin air, vanishing from the place of death. He needed to report his findings to the Alpha.

The Alpha would not be pleased with the treatment of his queen.

* * *

Shivers rocked her entire body when she awoke from her slumber. She was certain that she had never been so miserable in her life - Her shoulders and arms were aching from being restrained tightly above her head, her wrists were completely raw from the cuffs that dug into her skin, her wounds throbbed and her leg that had been hamstringed burned.

On top of that, she was starving and dehydrated and had to relieve herself. She didn't want to urinate all over herself, but if she was provided with no place to go, she would be forced to.

Which would only add to her humiliation and misery.

Her emotions were a confusing thing indeed. She could not bring herself to cry anymore - enough tears had been shed and she found that she was oddly numb.

Almost as if she was at peace with her coming doom. Like she had accepted her fate and would face her torture and death with bravery.

Most of her dignity had already been destroyed so she didn't worry much about what the kingdom thought of her. She knew some probably praised her for her deeds, while others condemned her.

Sleeping was something she now feared. Nightmares haunted her and kept her awake, she'd often dream about death, her mind had been conjuring up its inner guilt and sorrow ever since she took a life. She told herself that the prince deserved it, that he was evil and deserved the worst punishment imaginable.

But that didn't change the fact that she murdered someone, that she was the cause of a human's last breath, final heartbeat. And she knew that, she knew that and carried the weight of her burdens upon her back alone, struggling and falling.