A New Mommy Chapter 4

Ivy is sitting with Iruka at the park watching the little boy she was coming to see as her own but soon glances around the caring man next to her and asks "Iruka-san why are the villagers so mean to Naruto? " Iruka glances at Ivy then back to the laughing child and says " It,  well that is probably something you should talk with the Hokage about since it is a village secret and it involves Naruto himself" He tells her regrettable then looks up as another child pushes Naruto down and goes to help him but is beat by Ivy who is running towards him.  "Naruto!  Baby are you alright? " Checks him over and sees only a scraped knee then looks at the other child and small pink haired girl and frowns at her " What do you say to him? " The pink haired child frowns and crosses her arms and says " Mommy and daddy say I not hafa be nice to him cause him a monter" She says as she nods her head then walks over to her parents leaving an angry Ivy to pick up her boy and says softly " Don't you listen to her baby,  you are not a monster.  Now let's go see Iruka huh and maybe he will treat us to lunch.  Would you like that sweetheart? " At his nod she smiles and walks towards Iruka but is stopped by a dark haired women with a child on her hip as well.  "I heard what that little girl said and I just want you to know I don't agree with her parents,  so if you ever want to set up a play date I know my son Sasuke would enjoy his company." Ivy blinks at the women then smiles and nods " Thank you I'm sure Naruto would like that as well.  Oh where are my my name is Ivy Potter."  " A pleasure my name is Mikoto Uchiha and this is Sauske.  Can you wave and say hi Sasuke." She asks her son who hides his face in her neck but gives a shy little wave. Ivy gives a smile smile and picks up Naruto's hand and waves at Sasuke before she says " Thank you for your kind words,  would you and Sasuke like to join us for lunch? " Mikoto shakes her head " Oh we would love to but we have to get home so I can do some chores but it was a pleasure to meet you" Bows then walks away with Sasuke looking over her shoulder.  Ivy watches the women and her son leave before she turns and makes her own way back to Iruka who was talking with Kakashi.  " Ivy-san,  I have been with the Hokage and he has set up the match between us to take place tomorrow around noon" Kakashi says in a way of greeting so Ivy just stares then nods and says " Very well I suppose I should get home and get ready? " At his nod she nods as well then gives a small bow and turns to walk away with Naruto chatting at her in his toddler speech.  iruka watches the duo leave then turns towards Kakashi and says " She asked why the villagers hate Naruto,  I told her she would have to speak with the Hokage about it" Kakashi also turns and watches the strange women walk away with a happy Naruto then nods " That was the best thing to say Iruka and I will let Hokage-sama know so he can prepare for her questions,  also was that Mikoto Uchiha I saw talking with Ivy-san?" "It was,  it seemed Ivy-san got a taste of what the parents teach their children when one pushed Naruto down and wouldn't apologize." Sichs then pats Kakashi on his shoulder before he makes his way back to the academy.  With the departure of his friend Kakashi leaves as well to report back to the Hokage.

Ivy arrives back at her apartment with a now sleepy Naruto and gently lays him down for a nap but is stopped by a small hand grabbing her shirt so she lays down next to the sweet little boy and asks " What's wrong love? " Naruto looks up at the first person to show him affection and cries as he hugs her softly and says " I wuv you mommy." Snuggles closer to her and sighs happily when he feels her wrap her arms around him not seeing the happy tears falling down her cheeks but hears her words " I love you too my son,  my precious baby boy. " Ivy kisses his head and feels him doze off but keeps him in her arm and hums softly when he whimpers then says " I will always protect and love you and I swear no one will ever hurt you again"  And with that she dozes off her self but stays on alert in case of danger all the while keeping her boy safe in her arms.