A New Mommy Chapter 20

(SOOOOOOO I'm back!!!! I want to first and foremost want to apologize for the long-absent and want to thank everyone for their patience with me also I sort of lost motivation for this story but I am slowly getting it back but it will take some time, but for now on with the story!! Also I would like to apologize for the text block....I wrote this on wattpad and sadly it does not allow for me to double space it soo......) 

Freak...that one word filled Ivy with anger as she remembers her own childhood and the names her relatives called her but also the neighborhood kids. She hated that word with a passion and to make matters worse they are being yelled at by adults at a small child around her baby's age, so she does what any worthwhile mother would do..."Hey! what do you think you are doing?!"  She yells at the adults and pushes her way past them and knees before the trembling child and softly begins to hum to calm the child down ignoring the sand floating around the little redhead. " Shh it's ok sweetheart, I won't let them hurt you but I need you to calm down for me, do you think you can do that?" She speaks softly to him and gives him a small smile when he finally looks up at her with big terrified green eyes. "That's a good boy, what's your name?" She asks him but is interrupted by something hitting her in the back so she turns and glares at the adults still around her. " What do you want?" She puts her hands on her hips and wait for their words. "Who do you think you are to tell us what to do!" A man yells out at her being backed up by the other adults. " I'm making sure this child is unhurt by you fools who think its ok to harm him! Why would you do something so horrible?" She begins to shake from anger only to grow livid at the response " He's a demon! He deserves to die for what he's done!"  Ivy whips around and glares at all the adults and smirks when they take a step back from her angry aura " A demon...what he deserves?! He is a child! He doesn't even reach my waist, so tell me how he could have done anything to any of you!" She screams out and uses her magic to throw the adults away from her and the small, terrified child so she knees back in front of him and holds out her hand. " I'm sorry sweetheart if I scared you but they were making me angry" Gives a small huff of irritation before she turns back to the child who continues to stare at her with wide terrified eyes so she smiles softly and says "My name is Ivy and Iwas just passing throughand I can stand adults who are stupid and attacking a defenseless child..." Ivy looks down when she feels a small hand in hers and locks eyes with the green eyes of the child and hears him say " I'm Gaara" Ivy grips his hand a little tighter and says " It's a pleasure to meet you Gaara....say I have a question....how would you like to come home with me? I have a son around your age and I think you both could use a friend, plus you are so cute." She says as she slowly stands up with the child's hand still in her own giving a small chuckle at his shyness before she asks, "Hey you wouldn't happen to know where I can find the Kazagae would you Gaara?" She asks as she looks around the Sand Village then looks down at the boy and sees him nod his head and follows his lead still holding his hand and glaring at any of the villagers who look at him funny. Before long they arrive at a large building and looks up at it, " Wow I never would have found it on my own, thank you Gaara" Stares down at the small boy and notices how he shivers in fear so she squats in front of him and asks " Gaara? Sweetie what's wrong?" She waits a few minutes before she hears him say in a soft voice " My father's in there and he's scary....and he doesn't like me" She sees the tears that begin to fall down his face so she pulls him into her arms and rocks him. " Well than he is a fool, because I think you a good boy who just needs some affection and love" strokes his hair and watches the conflicting emotions that goes over his face before she whirls around keeping the child behind her and sees more children a few years older then the child currently holding onto her leg. "Hello young ones, can I help you?" The blonde haired girl steps forwards and says " What are you doing with my brother?" Ivy looks down at the small child then back to the older girl and says " I am going to speak with your leader than I am going to see if I can't take this poor boy back to my home." The girl blinks a few times than looks at the other boy behind who nods to her so she nods back and says " I suppose he would be happier with you then here....just please take good care of him and makes sure that he feels loved. Gaara....I....I'm sorry I never tried to help you" Turns her back and walks towards the other boy. Gaara looks at his sister and older brother before he says " Bye Tamari, Bye Kankuro..." Turns back and pulls Ivy towards the building.