6-Rainy Saturdays

Virginia's POV:

The next morning I woke to the soft patter of rain outside the window. I opened my eyes to see Bucky's sleeping face directly in front of mine, causing my ears to redden. I peered over his large shoulder to observe the window. I watched the raindrops slide down the window slowly, and out of sync, I smiled. I flopped my head back on the pillow and gazed at James's calm face. He seemed so content at the moment and I was happy that he was at ease. Just as I was about to roll over, I heard the familiar patter of cat paws tread across the carpet. I listened to them stop in front of the bed, knowing what was coming next. A grey ball of fluff appeared at the edge of the bed and lazily made its way over to me. His big eyes looked at me pleadingly, asking for breakfast and attention. Being unable to move, I silently laughed as he nudged his head against mine. In a moments' time, he was under Bucky's arm and cuddling next to me, purring softly. His gentle head rubbed against Bucky's face and I knew that would wake him. Bucky's eyes opened slowly and peered at the cat with a look of confusion. I giggled and his attention turned to me, the impatient cat forgotten. His lips curved into a smile and I returned it. Like I said, Benjamin was impatient; wishing to be fed. So he mewed softly in between us, causing Bucky to chuckle quietly. He yawned and unwrapped his arms from my body. We sat up and stretched, ignoring my angered cat. "I should probably feed Benjamin", I yawned. 

Bucky nodded and I got of out bed groggily. Scooping up Benjamin, I walked out of the bedroom and down the hall to the kitchen, cooing to my cat. After Benjamin began eating, I began making myself a bagel and some tea. Although I work at a coffee shop, I hate it. Don't judge...

Anyway, so I placed the teapot on the stove and waited for it to boil while I busied myself with slathering my bagel in peanut butter. Just as I popped another bagel into the toaster, Bucky entered the kitchen, and smiled. "What do you want on your bagel?", I asked him as he made his way over to the breakfast bar. 

"I'll do it, you eat your bagel", he grinned.

I nodded in agreement and took a bite. I reached for a napkin and wiped my face, smiling. Suddenly, the teapot screamed and whistled and I whipped around and turned off the stove. Pouring myself a cup, I asked Bucky if he wanted any and he thanked me, saying he'd love some. So I poured a second cup and dropped in the tea bags. Just as Bucky finished buttering his bagel, I grabbed mine and my mug. He grabbed his and he followed me to the couch. I set down my breakfast for a moment and clicked on the TV. The news flashed on and began rambling about the Avengers and their latest successful mission. I sipped my tea and watched, but I wasn't really listening. Bucky, on the other hand, was observing the report with full attention. He gazed at the videos of the famous team as they were congratulated on saving the city once again. Tony smirking and waving generously, winking at a few women who caught his eye. Thor waved as well and a large grin was glued to his large face. Steve nodded humbly, shaking the hands of one or two people. Bruce leaned against the building, looking like his usual nervous self. Natasha and Clint were deep in conversation but acknowledged a few people. The screen changed back to the news reporter and he continued to recall the events. As the news flicked to a commercial, I sighed. "So this what our little Steve's been up to eh?", James asked as he swallowed a large sip of tea.

"Yeah. He's been with these guys for quite a while now. Saving the day, being the hero, everyone's favorite, the great Captain America. As much as I love to see him fulfilling his dream,  I miss the scrawny little Brooklyn punk", I admitted, looking over at Bucky.

He nodded slowly, as if taking it all in. We then chatted about what it was like when we were kids and Steve was the one who needed saving. We laughed about some of our favorite memories and I leaned on Bucky's shoulder. He didn't flinch away like I thought he would. Instead, he rested his chin on top of my head and watched the rest of the news. Within ten minutes, Benjamin had returned from his breakfast and hopped onto the couch to join us. The rain continued to blur the view of the city below and low thunder quietly rumbled overhead. Smiling to myself, I pulled the blanket off of the back of the couch and draped it over him and I, covering Benjamin as well. "Wanna watch something more interesting? Like a movie?", I suggested, looking up to see him even though I couldn't.

"Only if I'm picking", he mumbled into my hair, chuckling softly.

"Alright", I giggled, and flicked over to Netflix.

After a little bit of browsing, we agreed on watching "The Emperor's New Groove". Laughing most of the time, we enjoyed every second. Halfway through, Bucky wrapped an arm about my shoulders and pulled me closer. I snuggled closer and I could tell he was smiling. After the movie, I chose the next movie, "Kronk's New Groove". Again, we laughed our way through that movie. We lost track of time after watching "The Road To El Dorado" and "Hercules". The hours of the day ticked away aimlessly but we could care less. We enjoyed every movie we watched, laughing and joking. When lunch rolled around, I simply ordered pizza, Hawaiian of course, and popped a bag of popcorn in the microwave. And so the rest of our day was spent snacking on popcorn, pizza, and various other snacks I had in my apartment cupboards. After "Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle", I slowly slipped out from under Bucky's arm. He looked at me, his brows knitted in confusion. I carefully slipped a pillow behind my back, knowing Bucky hadn't noticed.

Bucky's POV:

I watched her sit up, an evil grin playing on her face. She had something behind her back, and I was curious to find out what it was. 

"Virginia, what are you-" SMACK!

I fell back into the couch, stunned by what had hit me. I look at Virginia to see her clutching her side as she laughed and laughed, unable to control herself. In the opposite hand was a pillow and then it clicked. I felt my lips tug into a grin and I knew what she was playing at. As she continued to howl with laughter, I grabbed a pillow off of the couch and hit her back. She stumbled back, her laughter changing from joking to evil. She spun around and hit me back with a mocking grin on her face. "Oh now you're definitely getting it Spyvit", I half growled, half chuckled. 

Her eyes grew wide as I began to chase her around the apartment, using pillows and plushies as ammunition. She squealed with delight and I laughed triumphantly as she sprinted into the kitchen and jumped over the breakfast bar. Hiding behind the couch, she awaited my attack. Little did she know, I was directly behind her. I silently tiptoed across the hardwood, trying as hard as possible not to laugh. When she peeked over the couch, I saw my chance. I grabbed her from behind, wrapping my arms about her waist. She squealed and giggled, shocked from the attack. I was about to set her down when she turned around in my arms and smacked my in the side of the head with a pillow. I dropped her as she made her escape. I listened to her giggling echoes as her feet slapped down the hall. Regaining my balance, I followed her. When I opened the door to her room, I found her standing on top of her bed, an arsenal of pillows and plushies at the ready. Her eyes glinted with the look of "aha" and I knew I was screwed. 

"Ready...aim...FIRE!", she cried as she flung the pillows at me. I jumped onto the bed and attacked back, our laughter echoing throughout the apartment. Finally she fell back and I took my chance. I grabbed as many pillows as I could and chucked them at her, burying her in a mass of pillows. She snickered and kicked as I threw the last few pillows on top. All I could see was the pillows shaking from her laughter and I chuckled. At last, her head popped up, frizzy and untidy, her face twisted into an adorable lopsided grin. She crawled her way out of the pillows and plushies and waddled over to me on her knees. I was still chortling when she hopped over to me.

Virginia's POV:

After escaping my dungeon of pillows, I made my way over to my sniggering friend. He looked at me with his beautiful eyes and I grinned. With a giggle, I flung my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. His arms wrapped about my small body and we sighed contently, our snickering slowly fading into a comfortable silence. Gradually, our worries seemed to fade away.

All of our pain, all of our bad memories, all of the red in our ledger seemingly non existent. Everything that had happened in HYDRA looked as if it never happened. Fading away into nothing, our nightmares and dirty deeds leave our minds. The world around us gone; and I then took in every last bit of the moment I could, cherishing every second. I then realized something very important that day:

Life with James at my side was so much better than life alone...

AN: 

How'd I do on this one? Hope it made your hearts melt because I know mine did! As always, please comment and vote! I love to hear all the feedback! Can't wait to add more! :)