2.8

Crystal, Calum and Ashton were standing at the front door waving her parents goodbye with the sweetest smiles on their faces. They were going away for the weekend, and they'd told Crystal she could stay home by herself as long as she had some responsible friends over. Calum got the tick of approval because he was a family friend, and Ashton, well, even Crystal's parents, could tell he was a square. 

As soon as they were out of sight, though, Crystal called out to the others, "you can come out now!" and Sierra, Luke and Michael appeared from behind the house. Sierra held a half-full bottle of vodka, and Luke had a carton of beer on his shoulder. 

"Alright, we have to start with some shots; I don't make the rules; I just enforce them," Crystal told them, a grin on her face. 

The others all rolled their eyes at her but seemed happy enough to get in on the shots; Ashton, on the other hand, was a little apprehensive. Sipping a beer over an hour made him drunk enough, and the one shot he had taken had led him to get very forward with Calum. 

Despite that, he followed the others into the kitchen. Luke put the carton of beer down on the counter and tore into it, starting to pack the fridge with beer, as Crystal and Sierra started to measure out shots for everyone in mismatched glasses from her parent's cabinet. 

When they passed the shots around to everyone, Ashton gave his a troubled look before craning his neck to see into the glasses around him. His looked much bigger than everyone else's. 

"Cal, can we swap? Mine is way bigger than yours; I can't handle this," he said, eyes still fixed on the cup in his hand. 

Calum turned to answer, but Crystal interrupted, "No, no, don't try that, that's your shot, and you will take it; I need you nice and loose before we play spin the bottle," Crystal said, placing a hand on Calum's cup and pressing it back toward his chest. 

Calum gave him a pitying look, then swallowed his shot quickly so he could follow Sierra and Luke, who were heading for the living room. Crystal raised an eyebrow at Ashton and gestured her eyes between him and the glass in his hand. He begrudgingly swallowed it down, gagging unattractively. 

Crystal seemed satisfied and waved him to follow her, "c'mon,"

And he'd started to follow her but somewhere between then and going to the bathroom he'd noticed how quickly the alcohol had gone straight to his head. His complete lack of experience with alcohol didn't seem to occur to the others as he stood there thinking far too much about his legs and the fact that they just didn't feel quite as stable as they had half an hour earlier. And he was standing there a little confused about where he was supposed to go when a large hand made contact with the small of his back and led him the rest of the way through the hall and into the lounge room where the others were already sat on the floor in an unfinished circle. 

"Crystal sent me looking for you," Calum's voice said lowly into his ear, "feeling a bit tipsy already?" he asked. 

And Ashton tried to pry his mind away from the feeling of hot breath on his neck to respond, managing a nod. Calum seemed satisfied, leading them the rest of the way to the circle. 

There was an empty beer bottle in the middle of the circle, and Ashton watched it confused as he clambered down to sit on Crystal's right side. Then Calum sat on his right, who was on Michael's left, who was on Luke's left, who was on Sierra's left, who was on Crystal's left. He was thinking about the word 'left' when Michael spoke. 

"Okay, everyone's played before. We're all good to go?" he asked, giving the group a quick glance before recentering the bottle. 

"Uh, I-" Ashton began.