~Ch.24~

Lindsay's P.O.V.
     It's been four months living back home in the Underworld. Things were going great. Expect for one thing. Overtime, I've noticed Peter getting weaker overtime. It makes sense though. He lives with living beings, not dead ones. When somebody dies, they can stay the same, health wise, if they stay with the dead. Something that has to do with the different souls energy ratios. I've never been good with that sorta stuff, that was more of Lucky's thing in our teachings. One day, I overheard father and Peter talking down in the lair about Peter getting weaker over time. Father was explaining to him what was happening to him. I hide behind one of the pillars, listening.
"...you will continue to get weaker until one day, your soul will no longer be able to stay awake any longer. Your soul will leave you will then go into the river of lost souls. Once it's in the river, there is no coming back. Ever." My father explained to him. I knew this already, but it still broke my heart to know that that would happen one day.
"What can I do to stop this. Please Hades, I don't want to leave Lindsay. I love her too much to lose her." Peter practically begged my father. I smiled hearing him say that stuff about me.
"There's only one way I know of stopping this." My father sighed and sat in his throne and closed his eyes while resting his head on his hand.
     "What is it? Damnit, tell me Hades." Peter yelled out. He always gets angry when he's frustrated. Just his personality. Father opened his eyes and looked at Peter while raising an eyebrow. "Sorry." Peter sighed.
     "You and Lindsay must become married," My father started.
     "Easy. I was planning on asking her that question soon anyways." Peter interrupted, thinking that was it. Father raised an eyebrow at him again which told Peter to shut up.
     "As I was saying, you and her must become married within the next month. After that though, Lindsay must become pregnant within 2 months of marriage with your child. That will connect you two permanently since the child will have both of your genes combined." Father explained to Peter. I held in a small gasp when I heard that.
     "What's so hard about that?" Peter asked. He knew that it couldn't be that easy.
     "The problem is that it is very hard to get a goddess or demigod pregnant. Especially if it's with a human. It's possible, obviously, but it's quite hard." Father explained to him. I watched my love pace back and forth across the room.
     "Well then I'm going to just have to try my hardest, aren't I?" Peter asked rhetorically. My father nodded. Peter suddenly stop pacing and I saw his eyes slightly glow with a bright green hew in them for a second and then return to normal.

 Peter suddenly stop pacing and I saw his eyes slightly glow with a bright green hew in them for a second and then return to normal

     "Alright princess, you can come out now. I know you are in here." Peter calls out. I sigh and walk out from behind my hiding spot. I walk up to next to him. He grabs my waist and pulls me close and kisses the top of my head. I giggle and look up and kiss his jaw sweetly. He smiles down at me lightly. I look at father to see him with an odd look on his face.
     "What's wrong father? You have an odd look on your face." I ask him while, unknowingly, slightly tilting my head to the side.
     "It's just, I haven't heard you giggle like that since we got Cerberus and I haven't seen you so happy since your first torture." He explained, chuckle at the memories. I smiled at him, knowing that was his way of saying that he was happy for us.
     "If you would excuse us Hades, I need to take Lindsay and go talk to her in private." Peter said and, without waiting for a response, waved his hand and teleported us both to the lake by our house. "Lindsay...there's something I need to ask you." Peter told me and stood facing me while grabbing both of my hands.
     "Yes?" I replied back, tilting my head in curiosity again.
     "Lindsay, you're the love of my life. My soulmate. I would lay down my life for you, princess. I want to be with you forever. Would you make me the happiest man in all the lands and become my queen?" Peter told me got down on one knee. He reached one hand into his pocket and pulled out a black, velvet case and grabbed a ring from it. He held the ring up me and looked up at me, hoping for a yes.

     "Yes, yes, yes! A million yeses!" I exclaimed and held out my left hand to him

     "Yes, yes, yes! A million yeses!" I exclaimed and held out my left hand to him. He slipped the ring onto my ring finger and stood up. I immediately jumped up to wrap my arms and legs around him. He easily held my body up. We looked at each other and leaned in, our lips touching. We made out for a few minutes and then pulled apart for needed air and smiled at each other. "I love you Peter. So much. And I will not let your soul die." I told him while looking into his eyes.
     "I love you too Princess. And I will never let anyone hurt you, ever. I promise." Peter replied while looking right back into my eyes. I could see the pure love and admiration in his eyes and smiled.