CHAPTER TWO

"You gotta be kidding me" Yvonne said in disbelief when Janice told her about the guys who were stalking her. Yvonne had returned from her trip two days ago.  "And you're telling me this just now?"

"I didn't want to make you worried when you just came back from your trip."

"I'm mad Janice. This is not something to be taken lightly!. You were almost abducted and who knows what those idiots would have done to you. They were armed for Christ sake!"

     Yvonne, though was her best friend, could also be a drama queen at times.

"They didn't do anything and we can't just assume they wanted to abduct me or harm me. Plus I lost them okay."

     Yvonne stopped her pacing and sighed in exasperation. " Three times you have have been followed by creepy guys who have been armed, in case you forgot and you were almost abducted Janice.

           "All that happened a week ago. And now you were still followed by two creepy guys who were fucken armed!". Yvonne told her.

"Almost! But it didn't happen. I escaped as always."

"You have to leave this place."

"What? That's absurd! Look Yvonne calm down. You are over reacting."

   "How can I be calm? It's obvious someone is after you and we don't even have the slightest idea of who it could be. I'm scared Janice! I'm scared they'll get to you and I don't even want to think of that!"

She broke into tears and Janice didn't like seeing Yvonne in tears. It broke her heart to know her best friend was in pain because of her and decided to talk to Richard for her peace of mind. She didn't want to go but if that was what was going to give Yvonne her peace of mind, then she would.

    "Shhh don't cry Yvonne. I'm going to talk to Richard."

    Yvonne stopped crying and wiped her eyes. "You would?" Janice nodded.

    "Promise you'll go away from here?"

   "Yes bf, if that's what will assure you I'll be fine."

   "Ohh thank you Janice" she hugged her tightly "I love you so much I can't bear the thought of losing you one day".

    "I understand bf and that's why I'll go. I promise". She placed a quick call to Richard's place and a not so happy Richard who was in the middle of some important personal business in bed picked up the call.

   "Who ever this is, it better be good."

   "Hello Richard"

   "Janice? You have the most rotten timing in the world" he said in an irritated tone.

    "I need you in Las Vegas as soon as possible Richard".

   "What the hell. Can't it wait? You see how I'm kind of in the middle of something" Just then they heard a female voice telling him to just hang up.

    "I'm sorry Richard..."

    "She almost got killed!" Yvonne shouted in the phone the moment she grabbed it from Janice's hands. Janice took the phone from her back.

     "Yvonne why did you do that?"

    "Your life is on the line and that alone should get him moving" she shot back furiously.

   "Who was that?" He asked.

   "It was my friend Yvonne. Sorry she didn't mean to shout".

   "It's okay I understand but why didn't you tell me something? Anyway it doesn't matter now, I'll be there as soon as I can". Janice heard the woman's disappointed voice as Richard told her he had to leave.