CHAPTER THREE

Two days later Janice was on a plane to California. Her flight had been long and tiring she needed a long warm relaxing bath when she arrived her condo. Richard had been against a hotel and personally she was for the condo too. It provided her more personal space and she loved her space.

      Janice had dyed her shoulder length black hair a dark brown and added extensions to make it look longer. She wore contact lenses which changed the color of her eyes from brown to black . To be on the safe side, they decided she adopt a fake name, Eva Longe. In that manner it will be hard to track her down.

      When all her luggages had been packed in her room, she didn't waste time in getting her relaxing bath. She sighed with pleasure when she got in the bathtub. This was pure bliss!
After her long refreshing bath she decided to pack her clothes into the wardrobes.

          It took her three hours to get all her things in order and by the time she was finished, she was dam hungry. There was nothing to eat at home so she decided to eat out. Now the problem was she didn't know of any place here where she could get good African dishes. She missed them a lot and her craving to eat them once more was strong.

       She searched online and finally found a three star restaurant which was famous for its excellent African dishes. Just thinking about it made her tummy to cry out. She wore a plain red knee length gown and red sandals, that should do the trick. She grabbed her phone from her dressing table and put it in her black purse. She was set to go.

      One hour later she packed her blue convertible in the parking lot of the famous three star hotel. Zeda's Afri Restaurant.

   "Good evening miss. Welcome to Zeda's Afri Restaurant" a tall handsome black guy greeted her when she reached the entrance " Enjoy your stay." He said opening the large double glass door for her to pass.

  "Thanks Andrew." She replied with a sweet smile. She saw his name on his name tag. When she entered, a young black girl of about 18 approached her.

"Good evening miss. Are you Miss Eva Longe?"

"Yes that's me."

"Table 10 was reserved for you. This way please" the young girl directed her to her table.

"Thanks."

"You welcome miss" then she was gone. Janice was scanning the menu when a different young waitress approached her.

"May I get your order miss?" She asked.

"Yes please. I'll have some ripe plantain and vegetable with some stew and dry fish".

The girl noted it on her notepad "Will that be all?"

"I'll also like some fruit salad for dessert and a glass of orange juice."

"Noted. Please help yourself to some wine while your order is on the way."

     Janice helped herself to a glass of red wine on her table as the waitress suggested. She noticed that it was so for all their tables. Thirty minutes later her food was served. OMG! The food was excellent. From now on this was where she was going to eat out.

        💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

    Bruce and Alex where at the pool having a good time. It was so cool and refreshing considering the unbearable heat. They were drying their skin after swimming when someone said from behind.

"Excuse me" the lady said tapping Bruce to get his attention.

"Yes how may I help you?" He asked.

"Sorry for disturbing you. Am Felicia." She introduced herself.

"Bruce." Bruce said.

"Alex." Alex said.

"Are you guys alone?"

"Yes" Alex answered.

"My friends and I were wondering if you'll care to join us for a drink later tonight if you don't mind."

"Sorry we can't" Bruce said before Alex could agree.

"That's bad. Why not?"

"That's really none of your business blondie" he was being deliberately rude to piss her off and make her stay away. It worked pretty well all the time.

"That's rude".

"I know and I don't really care."

"Whatever!" Felicia said and left.

"You my friend have completely lost your freaking mind. You just drove away a damn fine lady who was more than willing to get under your sheets " Alex complained the moment she left.

"I wasn't interested Alex" he stated simply.

"And why on earth not?"

"Because I'm not attracted to her."

"You don't need to like woman to sleep with her." Alex told him.

"Well I do."

"Since when?" Alex eyed him with doubtful eyes.

"I don't know. Maybe since I lost interest in these empty pursuits and decided the next lady to get under my covers, I'll  have to like her enough to consider engaging myself in a committed relationship with her."

     Alex touched Bruce's forehead like would do a doctor to his patient then he knocked his head a little hard.

"Ouch! What the heck was that for?"

"Just checking to see if my friend is in there somewhere. I think I kind of lost him somewhere along the line." Alex said in a mocking voice.

"Will you cut it out Alex. You are cray bro."

Alex just shook his head.

   "Nah, am the same it's you who has lost it. I can't wait to see that woman who will, you know, make your groin—ouch!" Alex groaned when Bruce hit him on the head.

"Look when I find that girl, she'll definitely be under my sheets okay. So stop with your ranting bro. I'm tempted to choke you."

They packed up their things in the back boot of Bruce's four wheel drive and drove off.

"Bro what about we go out Friday night, I've got no plans for the weekend. What about you?" Alex asked.

"I'm free too. Got no commitments for the weekend."

"So you are in then"

"Guess so."

"Great! See you at John's on Friday."

      John's was their favorite club. When ever they had a guys night out they always went there and plus, the owner, Greg's son, Frank, was a very good friend of theirs. They were more than friends. They were brothers.

       Bruce dropped Alex at his place before going home. After taking a shower he switched on his laptop as he sat on the bed to get some paperwork done. He had some unfinished business with one of their clients.

PS: don't forget to vote, comment and share 👍😝

🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓🍓