CHAPTER 9

Nothing could make her happier at the moment than the good news she just received. Yvonne and Richard were getting married!

         "Ahhhh! Bf, you've got a lot of explaining to do when I come over. I can't believe this. You guys were literary going to kill each other when I left and now... Wow! What happened?"

       Yvonne was smiling like a cat in d cream.

    "Life happened hun. I couldn't believe it at first when I found out I had fallen for him and in was late for I was already deeply in love. I guess spending time with him made me to see beyond the surface"

       "I'm jealous. I can't wait to see you guys." Janice said.

     "Me too. And as my maid of honor, you can't miss it for anything." Yvonne told her in a fake serious tone.

    "Only death can make me miss it."

    "Oh bring Bruce along with you. I'll love to have him over."

     Janice spat the juice she was drinking over her kitchen floor.

       "What?"

      "I said bring Bruce over---"

      "I heard that. But why?" 

     Yvonne just had to pick the worst time to bring him up. She wasn't in the best of terms with him and she was looking forward to some time away from him.

      "Because he's your boyfriend."

      "He's not my boyfriend. We are simply friends with benefits that's all."

      "What ever you say girl." Yvonne said in a sing song voice  "I don't care what label you give to your relationship. I just want to see you two at my wedding.

     "I don't get you girlfriend. From what you've told me about him he's a great guy and he's feelings for you are genuine and I know you definitely have strong feelings for him too.

" You've been together for so many months and there's no way this is simply a sexual relationship no matter what you tell yourself. This guy is great for you girl, why don't you give him a chance?"

      "You know why."

      "No I don't. And don't tell me it's because of your past that's bullshit." Yvonne softened her voice  "Everyone deserves to love and be loved. Life is too short for you to push love away. when it comes your way. I strongly suggest you give him a chance."

     "I'll tell him you invited him." Janice said trying to change the subject.

   "You're doing it again."

    "Doing what?"

    "Changing the subject."

   "Not true.  Oh look at the time it's getting late. See you later girlfriend. Bye bye." Janice cut the call before Yvonne could respond.

    "Phew!" She sure knew how to give someone a lecture.

              💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

       The next day, against her better judgment, she went to his place to tell him about the invitation. She had thought about sending him a text so as to avoid seeing him but knew it was what cowards do. And she was no coward.

     She knocked on the door and waited. The waiting gave her time to think and she almost bailed out but before she could run away he finally opened the door hence making it impossible for her to chicken out now .

    He was barred chest, his well toned muscled chest was on display and she couldn't help but stare. Ash! She knew this had been a bad idea.

    Her eyes went lower to where his pants hung loosely on his waist then back up to his face which held a mocking smile, his eye brows raised high telling her he had caught her staring and knew the direction of her thoughts and he loved the attention.
She blushed and cleared her throat.

    "Good morning." He didn't respond but just stepped aside for her to get in and closed the door. He turned, facing her then leaned on the door, boldly assessing her. The hunger on his face evident and he did nothing to hide it. Like he wanted her to see and damn... What that look did to her.

She was already aroused. Damn was it just her or did it suddenly become hotter in here. She shook her head to get rid of her wayward thoughts. That's not what she was here for

     "I __"

     "I missed you." He said. "So much it hurts."

    She was taken back by the level of sincerity in his voice. He surely didn't mean it right. God why did he have to say that now.

    "Didn't you miss me too babe?" He walked towards her slowly and she tried to keep the distance between them.

   "I know you do. I can see it in your eyes." He closed up the space between them. She couldn't let herself to be distracted.

     "I came here because I had something to tell you."

     "That can wait. I want you now."

     "But___" he claimed her mouth with his and kisses her hard. Pouring all his feelings into the kiss. She started to resist but gave up. There was no need in fighting this. She did miss him and she wanted him too. What she had to tell him could wait.

     Sensing her response and surrender, he picked her up and carried her to his room where he made hot passionate love to her. Not once or twice. Not that anyone was counting. He was like a starved man on a mission and his mission was her.

   Janice woke up to a satisfied smiling Bruce. Damn she was smiling like a cat in the cream. How she had missed him. This had been inevitable.

       "Hey babe." He kissed her her forehead.

       "Hey." She stretched her limbs and hands. "What time is it?"

      "Exactly two in the afternoon."

      "What!" She say up straight in bed. "Did I sleep for that long?"

      "You did. And it's understandable." Bruce told her.

      "Didn't you have something to tell me?" He asked.

      "Oh yes. I almost forgot. Yvonne is getting married. I'm going to be her maids of honor and she she said I should bring someone over."

     "Yvonne? Who is Yvonne?" He asked.

     "She's a good friend of mine. My best friend actually. She insisted I bring someone."

     "Ok. No problem with that. So when will we be leaving and how long will we be away?" He asked her.

     "In a week's time. We'll be away for like a month."

     "Ok. Let me make a call then I'll make breakfast."

     Bruce made a call to Alex informing him he'll be absent for a month and that he should take care of their business while he's away. He was not happy that he hasn't met Janice yet but he promised him he would see her when he dropped them off at the airport before they left.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share😘👍