36. He isn't that bad

2 weeks later

JUNGKOOK POV

I am so in love with my son. His entire two weeks of life, I haven't been able to put him down. And I don't plan on it. I'm so attached to him, I can't get enough. All the morning sickness, daily nausea, crazy cravings, mood swings, and pain was totally worth it. He is so beautiful, so perfect in every way. Nothing will make me think otherwise.

"We're here." Len announced.

Glancing out the window, I can see us approaching the Office. Len picked up Luka and I from our house. It is Luka's two-week check-up. Jimin is already here. He had a few things to take care of early in the morning. Though, he did promise to be in the room with us during Dr. Sue's look over on our son.

Parking in front of the main entrance, Len helps me take Luka's car seat out of the car. 

"Thanks Len."

"No problem. I'll wait in the lobby for you when you are ready to leave." Len opens the door for us.

Walking in, Jimin is already standing there waiting for our arrival. 

"Hey baby."

"Hello Love. Were you waiting long?"

"Nope. Just got here. How's our little man doing today?" Jimin takes the car seat from Len's hands.

"He is just fine. Though he did wake up extra hungry this morning. I felt like he was sucking the life out of me." I sigh, reminiscing Luka's morning feeding.

Jimin just chuckles as he nods towards the direction of the hall that makes its way towards the medical wing.

- - -

"Hello little Luka. How are you doing?" Dr. Sue asks my son as she takes him out of the car seat. He is wide awake now and gazing at Sue as she talks to him.

"He has been really good. He doesn't cry much, only when he is hungry or needs to be changed." I answer, watching her every move like hawk. 

It is not that I don't trust her, it is just a parental instinct when someone else is holding your child. No matter who it is.

"Good. Now let's begin little one." Dr. Sue gently lays Luka down on the examination bed. He looks like a tiny doll in a huge bed. So cute. 

She measured him, weighed him, listened to his heart and lungs, examined his eyes and ears. 

"You are one healthy baby boy." Sue smiles down to Luka who has been eyeing her the entire time. "Now, one last test. I'm going to need to prick the bottom of his heel to do a blood screening test. It is quick. He will only cry for a second."

Jimin nods and then turns to me. 

"Are you going to be alright?" 

At first, I nod, but then quickly shake my head no. There is no way I can watch my son cry from pain. I guess it shows in my facial expression because the next thing I know I'm being pulled into a hug, looking away from Luka and Dr. Sue. 

"Do it." Jimin told her.

I can't see what's happening, facing the opposite direction. It's too silent, but that changed a minute later. Luka cried his tiny heart out, wailing in pain. I blinked away the tears that wanted to come out, gripping tighter onto the back of Jimin's shirt, as he rubs comforting circles on my back.