- Chapter 1

''A...Ash...?'' The soft voice of a honey hair-colored girl whispered softly. 

The raven hair-colored boy turned around and grinned because he tried to make a fire but failed twice. He scratched his head and opened his eyes. His partner, Pikachu, jumped on his shoulder and copied him. 

''Whats wrong Serena?'' Ash asked while petting Pikachu. 

Serena first looked down, ashamed that she was so timid. After a few seconds she looked Ash straight in the eye. ''Are you sure that we are safe here?'' 

Ash smiled and tapped his hand twice on the trunk next to him to sign that Serena could sit down next to him. Serena nodded and sat down on the trunk next to his and placed her hands shy on her lap. 

''Don't worry Serena, me and Pikachu are here of course we are safe!'' Ash said very loudly and confident. Serena smiled and grabbed a pokéball. 

''Need some help with your fire?'' Serena chuckled and threw the pokéball in the air. Fennekin jumped happily on the ground and looked at Serena with trusty eyes. Ash scratched his head once again and muttered something while nodding. Serena smiled at Fennekin, who blew a small fireball towards the pile of sticks. It remained quiet for a moment as both the two kids stared to the fire. A rumbling sound was in the bushes. Serena quickly held her hands before her mouth in fear and Ash stood up immediately and stood before Serena to protect her. Pikachu jumped on his shoulder and small sparks where jumping off of his cheeks. With a sigh Ash sat down again and he grinned at Serena. Bonnie and Clemont came running out of the bushes with a bag full of berry's! 

''Don't worry Serena, its just Clemont and Bonnie. No need to be scared!'' Ash smirked. 

Serena stood up and looked down. She knew that he was just joking around... But... Hearing it from him hurt a lot. She looked at Fennekin who was worried about her trainer. Ash looked at Serena and tilted his head confused. 

''Whats wrong Serena?'' Clemont asked slightly confused. 

Serena and Fennekin looked at each other for a moment. Fennekin jumped in Serena's arms and Serena turned around. The wind waved trough her hair what made her look gorgeous in the light of the moon and fire. Her face changed to serious. 

''We will prove that we are not scared of the forest... Right Fennekin?'' She stuttered a bit at the end. Fennekin barked quickly and nodded. 

''S...Serena are you sure of this? Its dangerous you've heard of the monster that sleeps here right?'' Ash warned protective as he grabbed Serena's wrist to make her stay. Serena looked away and took her wrist back while blushing a bit. 

''We are not scared. Lets go Fennekin!'' Serena said brave as she grabbed her bag and ran away, through the bushes. 

''Wait Serena!'' Bonnie yelled! She ran after her but Clemont grabbed her arms quickly so she could not move. Clemont shook his head and looked at his little sister. 

Serena started to sprint further away. After a while, she and Fennekin ended at a lake. She knelled down and stared in the water. She was out of breath and her eyes where tearing up. Fennekin jumped down next to her and stared in the water also. Serena wiped away a tear and smiled. The bushes started to shake behind her and the honey hair-colored girl almost fell in the water. I am not scared... I am not scared! A pokémon jumped out of the bushes and slowly scooped closer. It was making a weird sound and did not walk straight. But the pokémon smelled nice. Serena looked at Fennekin who quickly ran over to the pokémon to help it drag to Serena. She grabbed her pokédex. 

Spritzee, the perfume pokémon

In the past, rather than using perfume, royal ladies carried a Spritzee that would waft a fragrance they liked.