Chapter 1

Wadanohara saw nothing, just darkness. It was quiet as well, deathly quiet, she didn't know where was, she couldn't open her eyes, they felt so heavy. She stayed in this trance until she heard small faint muffling, she couldn't hear it well until it the voices grew softer and softer and sounded more clear. They seem to be the voices of children, very young children.

"S-samekichi!! Stop iiit!! Waaa.."

"But Syake~ Don't you like mudpie? Hehehehehe~"

"HYAAAAA!"

Wadanohara couldn't do anything, all she could do was hear the children's voices. Finally her eyelids no longer felt so heavy as she felt her knees touch grass, the dew made it feel so cold, she didn't know exactly where was she, but it definitely wasn't the Sea of Death. She opened her eyes and saw the sight of children playing. The both of them wore small blue kimonos, one of them had messy black hair with dark blue eyes while the other child had white hair that was neater than the others with bright blue eyes. The one with dark hair had his hands covered in mud while the other had his kimono stained with it and some was on his face as well, he was sobbing while the other laughed. Wadanohara watched as two grown ups came out of the house behind them, the father looked like Old, but his face was scarless and looked less scary, and next to him was a mysterious woman, she looked awfully alike to the sobbing, mud covered, child. She had long neat white hair and very bright ocean blue eyes. Wadanohara assumed she was their mother, she watched as their mother held the sobbing child in her arms while the father sighed and kneeled down next to the other child.

"M-mommy, K-kichi was throwing mud at m-me a-again" the child said between sobs as the mother pressed him close to her chest.

"No I'm not! Tattle tale!"

"Mommyyy"

The mother looked at the other child with a look of reason in her ocean blue eyes. "Samekichi, tell Sal you're sorry, you know you shouldn't be teasing your brother like that"

"Mama I wasn't teasing him!"

Wadanohara's eyes widened, this wasn't just a pair of children, they were Sal and Samekichi when they were younger! What was she doing in their past?! She began to slowly walk up to the family and quietly said "um, excuse me, where am I?"

Surprisingly, she got no answer, everyone acted as if they didn't even hear her, like she didn't even exist, maybe she wasn't supposed to say anything, maybe she was just supposed to watch, but why? Why was she watching this? What did Sal do to get her into their past?

"Samekichi, we're not going to say this again, tell Sal you're sorry" the father said in a slightly stern voice.

"I'm sorry Syake"

Wadnohara blinked, did Samekichi always call him that when they were younger? She assumed for she had heard him call him that before. The mother smiled at the other child as the father began to stand up and held Samekichi's hand and they all went inside, Wadanohara followed, she didn't worry about being seen, she was practically invisible to them anyway. Sal was sniffling in his mothers arms as she brought him upstairs. "I'll give you a warm bath, okay? He was only playing with you afterall" the mother said softly to him while looking down at her own beautiful ocean blue eyes on a small child's face. Sal did look awfully alike to his mother, well Wadanohara wasn't surprised that Old was Samekichi's father since they do look so much alike to this day but she didn't expect him to be Sal's father as well, but who exactly was their mother? Is she alive and well today?

Wadanohara didn't follow them upstairs, instead she saw Old place Samekichi in front of him and scold him, but he wasn't very harsh, which was a surprise for Old acted very cruel in the present. Samekichi looked at his father and nodded as he was being told off.

"You know he gets upset easily and cries over the smallest things, you should consider your actions before upsetting him"

"Okay papa.."

"I really hope you're listening and take my words seriously"

Wadanohara watched with curiosity, if he was only playing with Sal, than what made him hate Sal so much now? How did Sal's eyes even became the crimson red like they are today? She set her thoughts aside as she watched the day progress like a spirit haunting a family.