Page 13 The End

As cory and officer Hops drove to the police station there was an eerie silence in the car. For the whole ride, Cory tried to figure out what was causing it. I mean that just had a good, pleasant dinner where no one interrupted them but maybe that was the problem may be officer Hops wasn't gay like he thought maybe he has just made him very, very uncomfortable. Well, whatever the case may be Cor would find out soon enough.

After what seemed like forever Cory and officer Hops arrived at the station and began the report. The report was pretty typical, officer Hops asked him the basic question of where he was when the crime took place, who was with him, where was the car, so on and so on until about an hour had passed and officer Hops brought it to a close.

"Ok, I think that is everything we need to know. If you could give me one second to make a phone call we can get you home. How does that sound?" Officer Hops asked at a quicker pace than he had during the rest of the night.

"Oh umm ya, that sounds great to me! I'll just wait here for you then.". Cory said with a slight hint of disappointment.

As soon as Cory finished talking officer Hops nodded his head and walked out of the questioning room closing the door behind him. As Cory sat there wondering if he had screwed up everything his mind began to wander back to Aldon and how all of that had gone down. At first, Cory just couldn't believe it but slowly and surely Cory came to the realization that Aldon would only bring him more trouble than good. That's when the questioning room door opened and officer Hops stepped inside.

"Ok, so I got off the phone with my supervisor and drove my car around to throw some trash away that was hidden in my trunk. If you'll follow me ill take you home. " Officer Hops said this time with a more honey-like voice that would make anyone want to follow him.

As Cory followed officer Hops to the station's back door he began to hear some voices coming from outside. At first, he started to panic maybe some thugs have come to get revenge on officer Hops but then he thought that maybe it was just the other police officers taking a smoke break and they were getting a little too rowdy.

As officer Hops opened the back door Cory could see his car but no one was around. But that changed the moment the back door closed. At that moment about 30 men came out of the shadows each and every one of them with fangs sharper and longer than any creature Cory had ever seen. That's when officer Hops began to talk.

"So what do you think, I hired 30 of the finest vampire mercenaries to kill you?" As he said this he began to reach into his coat to pull something out. When his hands left the coat he was holding a diaper, Cory's diaper.

"You type of people make me sick! You think that if you find the right person then maybe you can live a happy life. Well, I'm here to tell you that you're wrong there will always be someone better than you in this world and if you annoy them even in the slightest then you die! Get him boys" and with all of that said the vampires all leaped at Cory in a synchronized pattern leaving Cory no room to escape.

As they began to reach him, Cory began to simile. In a way, this is exactly what life had to offer him. That's when a quote came to mind.

Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief, commercial-like breaks of happiness. Aldon was that break and now it was time for the regularly scheduled program. These were the last thoughts that Cory would ever think and as such no one would miss him no one would give him a funeral and no one would cry for him except Aldon.

Hey guys thank you so much for reading my book I hope you enjoyed and if you want the book for yourself it will be available in paperback and Kindle edition on Amazon shortly. Thank you again and have a lovely life.