3

"She's taking her time..." Axle commented in suspicion. "Hyatt truly changed after her meeting with Graeme."

Angelo scowled.

"Shitty royalty."

"Send someone to check on her." Axle sternly ordered, with Angelo nodding. "Roger, Captain."

But before they could send out someone, the door to Axle's office shook slightly, and a knock followed. "Enter," Angelo called out.

Yee's face popped into the room, nervously entering the room. "A report came in... that..."

"What?" Axle asked, impatiently tapping on his table.

"Prince Graeme is here, talking to the Mayor." Yee paused for a short while, in thought. She didn't want to put Hyatt into trouble but... orders were orders. Then continued with a worried look. "And Hyatt is with them."

~

Graeme leaned back on the chair, crossing one leg over the other, clasping his hands together with a smile.

"Thank you!

And, it's not a problem, mayor. That very simple thank you may be enough for me."

He uncrossed his legs, getting up, nodding his head towards Hyatt. "Could I have a short chat with you?"

Hyatt silently took deep breaths, preparing her mind for even this short little talk. Really, she was delighted, but her face showed no emotion of joy. Nodding, she leaned closer to him, and whispered, "Can we talk somewhere else?"

Graeme raised his eyebrows, looking around, before nodding in approval.

"Alright."

Hyatt nodded, turning her head in the direction of the Mayor. "Excuse me mayor, can we use a room where no one could hear us? Or rather, listen to us?"

The mayor was willing to do anything for both Hyatt and the Prince, so he nodded. "Enter this door behind me, and turn to the left hall, the first door. It's my personal lounge area. No one should bother you there."

Hyatt smiled, taking the Prince by his hand and led the way.

"Aight." Graeme nodded, about to go in the direction when she led him instead.

Oh. That's fine, too.

Arriving at the lounge area, the place was quiet and left undisturbed, true to the mayor's words. No one... would bother them there.

Hyatt shut the door behind her once both had entered and headed over to the single couch in the middle of the room, patting the seat next to her as a gesture for the prince to have a place beside her. And in a timid voice, "please, sit down.

So, um... what did you want to talk about?"

He took a seat next to her.

"So... I've been wondering, how are you?" He glanced over at her. Get to know each other a little more... if he wanted to help her.

Hyatt blushed, "Oh... me? I-I'm... fine." She hugged her arm, where a bruise was hidden by her clothing.

Graeme smiled. "I hope you are."

"How about you?" She glanced towards the direction of his ear. "Your ear... did... the wound leave a scar?"

"I'm alright today." He nodded a little, looking forwards in a daze.

"Ah... a small one, but it's unnoticeable. So it's nothing." He answered with a shrug.

"I really am..." She trailed off a little, distracted, then snapped out of it, turning to him, and gave him a smile. "Thank you for what you did for the town. That was kind of you... Prince."