lycanthropes

Probably one of my favourite divisions (a part from my own, duh).

You probably know them as Werewolves. It's the same thing really, one's just more technical.

Lycanthropes can be bred, but only by two other Lycanthropes. If bred by a Lycanthrope and another division, it will only contain a few Lycanthrope genes and will not be able to transform into a wolf.

Lycanthropes can also be made by a wolf biting a Proletarian. However, it is a fifty fifty chance and the other is fatal. You will only know if you will die or if you will become a Lycanthrope, when bitten, when there's a full moon.

Lycanthropes, like Elementals, are protectors. But they are protectors of the Proletarians not nature's balance.

They can turn into wolf form or back whenever they feel like it, but during a full moon they must turn. This is because a couple centuries back the threats for Proletarians were heightened during a full moon, meaning that every Lycanthrope was needed to help protect them. Even though it doesn't happen anymore Lycanthropes are still forced to turn every full moon.

When in wolf form their wolf instinct is more powerful than a normal wolf. This also makes them faster, hungrier and bigger than a normal wolf.

They have the same lifespan of a human and can die of natural causes or a silver bullet in the heart.

Silver? Yes, because silver came from the moon, under the old alchemical table of elements.

They eat what normal wolves eat when they're wolves and what Proletarians eat when they're in human form.

The Lycanthropes are usually found in packs and not many would choose to be a lone wolf (did you see what I did there).

The pack leader can read the minds of everyone in that pack but only in wolf form. But the pack can't read each other's minds.

However if a wolf betrays or leaves the pack, then the pack leader automatically loses connection with them.

A Lycanthrope becomes the alpha/pack leader by inheritance or acceptance. By 'acceptance' I mean that the pack itself chooses you to become alpha. However, if inherited you could still lose your position if another Lycanthrope, who is also deemed worthy, wants to threaten your position.

When two Lycanthropes both want the position of alpha and both are equally wanted by the pack, there is a fight to the death. The only rule is no weapons. Apart from that each Lycanthrope is free to transform or not to transform and fight the other. Although no Lycanthrope would preference their human form and would all choose the stronger and more dominant wolf form. The fight carries on until one is no longer breathing.

The fight is called De Pugna Lupi.

The fight can last for days, weeks and years however no breaks are to take place so many wolves die of starvation or tiredness before their opponent kills them, if the fight goes on for more than a day.

a/n: I just realised that I used the word Lymphocyte (meaning white blood cell) instead of Lycanthrope (meaning Werewolf). So sorry for the confusion. Biology revisions obviously affecting my writing.

 Biology revisions obviously affecting my writing