04 | you're causing a lot of trouble for a dead guy

I looked down at the gravestone in front of me and had the sudden urge to kick it until it cracked.

Stupid Casper Hartledge. You're not supposed to be dead.

I picked my phone out of my pocket and started texting the team, on the group chat, telling them that, unfortunately, Kai had been right and I was now on my way home.

I started walking back to the Pelagus, thoughts swimming through my mind.

When I got back, a hand immediately grabbed mine and dragged me through the hall. On close inspection the hand belonged to Ellie, who I noticed was leading me to her room.

"You know I find you really attractive and all but I think you're taking this a bit to fast." I joked.

"Oh, shut up, Car." She said, tugging on my sleeve until we got to her room, only a few doors down from mine.

When she opened the door I saw Will bouncing on her bed, like a small child and could smell the faint scent of her perfume.

"I didn't realise it was a threesome." I stated, looking at Will.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" She snapped, clearly agitated.

Then Aidan came out of her bathroom wiping his wet hands on his trousers. Ellie immediately stared at me, telling me that now was not a good time for another one of my jokes, which is obviously a ridiculous thought.

"I've looked up Casper Hartledge and found his basic background informat- "

"Wait," I interrupted, "how do you know about Casper?"

"I tapped into your phone, really those Proletarian devices aren't very secure."

"That's 'cause they're not expected to have to deal with nosy people, tapping into other people's phones." Will said, lazily plumping up one of the pillows on the bed.

"Can you guys just stop talking for one minute?" Ellie said, through gritted teeth, pulling her hair. She then threw a folder at each of us.

"Each of those folders has the background information on Casper, read it and then help me do this case as a team." She said.

"Honestly, you're to too busy in your own world at the moment, to be of any use to us." She said, pointing to Will. "You are set on making this a solo case." She said, turning to me. "And you," Ellie said poking Aidan in the chest. "don't even get me started on having to deal with you."

I raised my eyebrow at Aidan but he just shook his head. With Ellie's outburst over, she collapsed onto her chair and put her head in her hands.

Ellie was the only reason we worked well as a team, when she chases us all up, getting information from us all and then piecing it together. I knew we should cut her some more slack, especially since her parents have been trying to dispute a fight between divisions in America.

I put my hand on her back and rubbed it soothingly, causing her to look up at me. "Hey, we're gonna solve this case, okay." I said to her.

"I know, it's just so stressful." She whispered, looking at the guys reading the folders.

"You know you can ask the superiors to just take you off of the team for a bit."