Chapter 3

Harry waited for Malfoy to react but Malfoy just stared stupidly at him. "Huh?"

"A deal, Malfoy," Harry said slowly. "You know, I do something for you and then you do something in return."

"Right, yeah, of course... So what's this deal?" Malfoy asked.

"Well," Harry began. "Potions this morning was a complete fiasco, and I know you had something to do with it so don't try to deny it, and I got thinking that maybe if, uh, I didn't hex you every time you, er, well... you know... and then you could agree to leave everyone else alone and... Malfoy?"

Malfoy's eyes were focused with alarming intensity on Harry's mouth. "Hmm?"

Harry sighed. "Did you listen to anything I just said?"

"Yeah," came the faint reply. "Something... Potions... something else..."

Harry was really starting to feel uncomfortable now. Maybe he should just get it over and done with. He took a deep breath.

"Look, Malfoy, if I let you kiss me, will you pay attention?"

That got Malfoy's eyes snapping upwards. "Really?" he asked, a bit too eagerly.

Harry was regretting this already. "Yeah, I suppose. If it'll get you to—oof!"

Very suddenly, Harry once again had an armful of Malfoy, an experience that was becoming far too familiar, although at least this time he was semi-prepared for it. It was definitely difficult resisting the urge to fight Malfoy off, but Harry managed, standing rigidly still while Malfoy buried his face in his neck.

After around two minutes of standing there in silence being cuddled by Draco Malfoy, Harry decided that was enough. He hesitantly tried to peel Malfoy's arm from around his back.

"No, not yet, please," Malfoy whimpered, and Harry stopped trying to get free, slightly startled at how needy Malfoy sounded and remembering Snape's advice of 'Malfoy knows best'. He felt a sudden surge of guilt for fighting Malfoy off all week.

"Fine, not yet, but when, exactly?" Harry asked. "I don't really want to be standing here all night, Malfoy. We still need to talk."

"So talk," Malfoy murmured.

"I..." Harry started, caught off guard. "You mean like this? Right now?"

Malfoy made a noise that Harry presumed meant 'yes'. Now feeling really very awkward indeed, Harry decided that his life was going to be weird(er than usual) for the next month anyway; he might as well embrace it.

"Okay, I'll keep it brief," he said, valiantly ignoring the feel of Malfoy's moist breath on his neck. "Basically I'm willing to let you, um... do your thing... every day until you get rid of this potion, as long as you stop being an arse to my friends."

Malfoy lifted his head in disbelief. "That's your only condition? That I'm nice to Gryffindors?"

Harry suddenly realised that he was dealing with a Slytherin, here; he'd have to use exact wording to ensure Malfoy didn't find a way around not being a prick.

"No," he said firmly. "Not just Gryffindors. I mean you can't be horrible to anyone. Unless, you know, they deserve it. And I mean properly deserve it, not just be Muggle-born or poor or something."

"Hmm, I can live with that," Malfoy said, setting his head back down on Harry's shoulder. "Is that it?"

Harry hesitated. Malfoy sounded way too happy with the arrangement. There had to be something he'd missed out.