Chapter 10

Bloody typical. Everything seemed to have been going well for Draco for three wonderful, blissful days, and then it all went and got ruined. Ruined by an idiot who was not worthy to call himself a pureblood. For Merlin's sake, Longbottom was practically a bloody squib!

A whole other month. A month! It still hadn't really sunk in. After he'd successfully destroyed his dormitory, stormed up to the Room of Requirement and destroyed that too, his crazed rage had finally faded. It was lucky he hadn't run into Zabini or Longbottom, otherwise it was very likely he'd have blood on his hands.

Now, cold logic was beginning to settle. Draco always enjoyed this part of his fury. It meant that someone was going to suffer.

He'd have to spend Christmas at Hogwarts, obviously. Being away from Potter for two weeks was unthinkable. Merlin knew what he was going to tell his parents. He'd only stayed at school over the Christmas holidays once; in second year. And that was only because he was determined to find out who the heir of Slytherin was.

He had ended up spending the majority of Christmas alone that year, too. It was before Pansy stopped being a creepy stalker, and Crabbe and Goyle had eaten themselves even stupider than usual and wound up rushing to the hospital wing. Ever since then, Draco had gone back to Malfoy Manor for Christmas so he could be fawned over properly.

Christmas alone with Potter was a miserable concept, even if Draco didn't find him that insufferable any more. It was still Potter. And now Draco had to spend another month in his almost-continuous company. What utter bollocks.

He flopped backwards onto the bed. He'd just have to take charge of the situation, that's all. Find a way to work it to his advantage. It was difficult right now to see a good side to the situation, but he was a Slytherin, wasn't he? He could manipulate anything to suit his needs, he was brilliant at it. So, all he needed to do was think.

Two hours later and the most he'd been able to come up with is 'I get to have a sex life for an extra three weeks'. Which, actually, wasn't that terrible of a silver lining. Even if he'd gladly forgo the frequent orgasms to be rid of the bloody potion once and for all.

Determined to do his best to regain power in his life, Draco stood up and headed for the desk near the window, which he had unofficially claimed as his own. First of all, he'd write to his parents and tell them that he wouldn't be joining them for Christmas. They were bound to owl back and demand to know why, but he could deal with that. It would hardly be the first time he had lied to his mother and father, after all.

Then, he'd... well, he'd probably just continue as he had been. When you really thought about it, it was just a mild inconvenience. It wasn't as if anybody knew about them, save Pansy, and she'd be so delighted that Draco was actually in a relationship (with a boy, no less) that she'd keep quiet about it. Probably.

Not that Draco was in a relationship with Potter. Pansy just thought he was. Just so he was being clear.

That decided, Draco fished out some decent-quality parchment and ink and settled down to write.

He felt the tingling sense of Potter's presence before the door to the Room even opened and he swore.

"Just a minute," he said as soon as Harry walked in. "Let me finish this."

He felt Harry approach his chair and forced his mind to concentrate. ... focus on my studies to prepare for the approaching NEWTS; I am sure you will understand...

Harry, to his credit, said nothing, but did make a nuisance of himself by rooting around the desk and reading bits of Draco's homework and various notes he'd written.