CHRISTMAS SPECIAL |PART 1|

This takes place AFTER FLASHBACK. There ❗might be a few spoilers❗. I'm checking now. Just so you know and understand, you dont have the best relationship with Councillor Emery. You guys "joke" a lot and stuff. Y'know, get on each others' nerves. A LOT.

❗FYI, if you dont know who certain characters are, ask at your own risk.❗
Your POV

It's FINALLY December... which means soon it'll be CHRISTMAS! I don't actually know if elves celebrate it, we've never talked about it, and every year it comes around this time, I usually go back to the forbidden cities, to celebrate Christmas with my foster family... but since... you know, the "accident..." I woke up in a bed that was familiar... but not normal. Oh. Of course, I'm back here.

Everglen. I was at a sleepover here.

We just spent time, hanging out, and I've been staying here since I got the deteriorating feelings that came with the heartbreaking news of the "accident." Since I don't really want to hang out with my brother, the Vackers let me stay here, with them. They're WAY to kind. It's not a bad thing though. I yawned. It came out much louder than anticipated. "Oh, finally, it's about time you woke up." I heard a crisp male accent say. I look across the room, to find Biana blink in and out of sight, with her brother--FITZ--standing beside her. "Oh. Sorry. What time is it?" I asked, stretching out, then standing up and making my way over to my mirror. 

Alice, my version of Vertina, blinked into sight. I let her help me with my hair. I picked out some human styled clothes. Even though it wasn't cold out, (Everglen wasn't particularly cold), it still felt more like a sweater-weather kind of day. "Around 11. You slept in... a LOT." Biana laughed. I shrugged. "Not bad." I smirked. "Hey. Do elves celebrate Christmas, by any chance?" I asked. The puzzled look I saw them share from the reflection of where they stood behind me answered my question. I didn't really need Fitz to ask what it was in order to know they didn't know what the holiday was. But he did ask, anyways.

"It's a celebration of giving gifts to people. Except for the fact that you might not only get gifts from your friends and family, but from this guy named Santa Claus. He lives in the north pole and gives you gifts as well as your family and friends. There is a ton of festive music, and you decorate pine-trees to put the presents undermeath and around. You can also put out stockings. Which Santa fills with some nick-nacks. The main colours are green, red and white. And usually there is LOTS of snow. It's a really fun time of year, anyway. I was really hoping you celebrated it. So I could celebrate it with you, and get my mind off of..." I trailed off. 

"That... sounds AMAZING! We should convince the council and our parents to celebrate it from now on!" Biana said and Fitz agreed. I smiled and nodded confidently. I went into my closet to quickly change into the clothes I picked out. I walked out, and we all linked arms and walked downstairs, discussing all the details for Christmas. "Good morning!" Della sang as her and Alden hugged me. I hugged back. "Here's some food, since the rest of us ate earlier." Della set down platters of different foods. I nodded as a thanks. 

"So clearly there is something you want to ask us, since usually Y/n takes a while longer to come down. What is it?" Della winked at me, making everyone chuckle. "CHRISTMAS! Could we pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee celebrate it? Christmas is a celeb--" Biana started, getting interrupted by her parents. "We know. We know what Christmas is." Della laughed. FItz gave a look to his father that seemed to say "care to explain?" Alden and Della explained their knowledge of the festive days, and said that it would be amazing to celebrate it but... "What? What is it? There is a problem with what is going on isn't there? Your face says it all." I countered. Alden sighed, in defeat.

"We don't know if it would be smart to bring all that attention to us. Considering, what has passed over the past few years. The council will be the hardest part of the convincing."