Chapter Six

1st August 1984 

A week had passed since Graham moved into the Mills mansion. They settled in to routine. Never wanting this to end Regina gave up the idea of the curse. It would end in 28 years anyways and by that time Regina would have told Emma the truth.  

Cooing was all that could be heard from the Mills mansion. Baby Emma was quietly cooing to herself while Regina looked over the plans to make wolves sacre animals in Storybrooke. Since she let herself be loved by Graham, she has realised her fault in casting the curse. So, she set out to do something good for every person living in Storybrooke. Starting with making the wolves protected animals.  

“Regina David Nolan is asking for a meeting with you” Grahams loud masculine voice floated around the house to Regina. Thus, making Emma fussy again. Picking up Emma Regina rocked slightly to calm her baby down. Elegantly walking towards the love of her life, Regina hummed to “Duérmete mi niño, duérmete mi amor 
duérmete pedazo de mi corazón. 
Este niño mío que nació de noche 
quiere que lo lleve a pasear en coche. 
Este niño mío que nació de día 
quiere que lo lleve a la dulcería. 
Duérmete mi niño, duérmete mi amor 
duérmete pedazo de mi corazón." 

Once she reached Graham she greeted him with the most passionate kiss she could muster with baby Emma in her arms. “I'll book him in as soon as I can” she whispered into his cheek. The rest of the evening was spent watching cheesy love films a making out on Graham and Regina’s part.   

Three days later Regina had her meeting with David. She had been dreading it for the last two days. She was trying to be a better person but how could she do that if she had to lie to him. She got to her office and set up all the notes that had anything to do with David.  

Graham was looking after baby Emma for the day because it was his day off. They were meant to be going to the park as a family, but they can’t now because her next free appointment isn’t until November.

A light knock reveals it'stime for her meeting with David. Her assistant walks in with David following close behind. Gesturing with her hands for David to sit down and for her assistant to leave. 

“what can I do for you Mr Nolan” she asked in her regale mayoral voice   

“I wanted to ask if you knew me before I was comatose” he asked almost hesitantly.  

“Not very well, but I know before you moved to Storybrooke you were a shepherded and your mother recently passed away. You were also so brave.” she declared technically not lying.  

“Then why were you my emergency contact?” confused he asked.  

“No one claimed to know you, I'm mayor it’s my duty to look after all it’s inhabitants.” she states. David sits there for a while not saying anything. “Is that all Mr Nolan?” Regina asks growing impatient  

“oh no sorry I want to know if Storybrooke’s animal shelter is still open”  

“It’s but no one has worked there since your coma maybe you could start working there again” Regina suggested. 

“I'd love to” David answered getting up to leave. Before he opened the door, he turned around to Regina and said “Thank you Mayor Mills I don’t know what I would have done without your kindness”  

This made Regina frown. He’d be married to his wife, Snow, they be raising Emma together and be king and Queen of the enchanted forest. She didn’t deserve his thanks but she would do everything she could to make the people like her once the curse was broken. That evening Regina came up with a plan to get them to trust her first.