Chapter 17

Brax's Pov (FINALLY!!)

It was time for the meeting with Olivia's parents which I knew was not going to be a pleasant meeting especially as Maureen and Dave always get what they want but this time they're not. I'm not backing down. I knocked on Addison's office door and walked in, she was typing on her laptop.

"Olivia's parents have just got here, there in the meeting room already." I mumbled.

"Ok, is Olivia with them?" She asked avoiding eye contact with me. I knew she was scared of what they may think of her and what they'll say.

"I don't know. Stef settled them in the meeting room then phoned me to say they were in there but there was no mention of Olivia."

Getting up from her chair she walked towards me standing by the door. I cupped her cheek and leaned in, my lips on hers in a deep, passionate, searing kiss. "I'm with you." I said leaning my forehead on hers.

I will always be with you!

I could see her hamster wheel turning in her head in deep thought, hopefully she knew that I was being honest and truthful when I said I was with her. We walked silently to the meeting room, I opened the door and held it open for her. Walking into the room, Olivia was in there with her father Dave and her mother Maureen.

Fucking wonderful!

"Who's she?" Maureen sneered with a scowl on her face.

"I'm Addison, Brax's personal assistant." Addy replied.

"Brax you don't need a babysitter. She can go." Olivia said. Already bitching!

"This is a meeting so Addison is staying. What did you want to talk about?" I asked as we sat down opposite Olivia and her parents.

"We want to know why you broke it off with Olivia. You know this wasn't part of our agreement Brax." Maureen, Olivia's mother snarled not happy that I didn't want to be with Olivia.

"There was no agreement to begin with Maureen. Olivia and I.... it's not going to work. We were never in a relationship to begin with." I said with confidence. I was not going to let them dictate who I was in a relationship with.

"What do you mean Brax? You and Olivia are perfect for each other." Dave, Olivia's father said.

"I mean that me and Olivia will never work. I don't want to be with in a relationship with her." I replied to Dave trying to keep my cool. Olivia's face dropped and her scowl was evident on her face.

"You're fucking your assistant!" Olivia snarled.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"You heard me." Olivia said angrily.

"I'm not fucking my assistant. However I am in a relationship with Addison." I said as I held Addy's hand in mine under the table.

Olivia slammed her hand down on the table in anger. "Why her? It should be me. She's nothing compared to me Brax."

"She's everything compared to you but I don't have to justify my relationship with Addison to you. You just need to know that, you and I, isn't going to happen and will never happen." I said squeezing her hand slightly.

"You should be ashamed of yourself Brax. Mixing business with pleasure. You know this won't last." Maureen said gesturing between Addy and I. "She's probably using you for money."

"Typical poor girls." Dave murmured.

"If you haven't noticed, I'm in a well paid job so money is not an issue here. Brax's money did not attract me to him, he, himself did. If you don't believe that then that's your own problem. Brax and I know how we feel about each other and that's all that matters." Addison said standing up for herself. I was proud of this new found confidence in her, it was hot.