jaxon + colton

j a x o n *

"Hey, Jax!" Colton says coming into our dorm room and shutting the door. "There's a Christmas party tonight at Amelie's! We should go!"

"Why?" It's the first thing I think and it's the first thing that comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. "Everyone there will be a year older than me! And, am I even invited?"
"Because it'll be fun! And so what if everyone's a year older than you? I am. And yes, you're invited."
"I know you're older than me, but I've also known you for a while because of when you and my brother were friends."
"Come on, Jax! It'll be fun!"
I sigh deeply. "Fine,"
He smiles. "Good. We're leaving at 6:00, so be ready."

As we're leaving our dorm, I consider refusing to go but I know that I promised Colton I'd would go.
"Where even is the party?" I ask as we walk out of our dorm building.
"It's just across the street over here," Colton says, pointing. "She lives really close to campus."
I follow Colton as we cross the street and walk over to Amelie's house. I've never really talked to her, but I know who she is. I don't even know why Colton wanted me to come so badly. Colton opens the door and shoves me through it gently, coming in after me. I turn around and look at him.
"Come on, I'll introduce you to some of my friends," Colton says with a smile on his face as he grabs my wrist. He leads me across the room to a corner where there's a group of people gathered.
"Hey, Colt!" Someone says.
"Hey, Kristen!" Colt says back. "Guys, this is Jaxon, my roommate, I've told you about him."
"Ah, yes." A girl says coming up to me. "I've heard a lot about you. I'm Vivian." She introduces herself to me with a smile on her face, shaking my hand.
"Jax, that's Kristen, Cammie, Hayden, Chris, Justin, Georgia, TJ, and Sean," Colton says to me as he points everyone out to me. When their names are said, they all look up and give a short smile or wave. A girl new comes up to me and smiles at me.
"Hi, I'm Isabella, but my friends call me Izzy. Come over here and dance!"
"Izzy, be careful with him," Colton says as she starts to lead me off.
"Yeah, be careful with him Izzy, that's Colton's boy!" TJ calls after us. I vaguely hear Colton mutter a 'shut up' to TJ and see him hit TJ gently out of the corner of my eye.

"So, Jax, what are you studying?" Izzy asks me once we get to a less crowded area.
"I'm studying criminal justice," I say softly.
"How awesome! You don't have to be shy, I promise! I won't bite!"
I don't reply but offer a shy smile.
"So, are you seeing anyone?" Izzy asks me.
"No, I-I'm not..." I reply.
"Got your eye on anyone?"
"M-maybe? I don't know, to be honest."
"Hmm...I'm surprised you're not taken, a cutie like you!"
I see Colton coming towards us over Izzy's shoulder.
"Alright, Iz, I'm taking him back," Colton says when he reaches me.
"Why?" Izzy whines.
"Look at him, Izzy. He's nervous. I think you may have scared him." He grabs my wrist and I start trying to walk away quickly.
Colton laughs softly. "See, Iz? You definitely scared him."

Colton and I walk back over to the original place we had gone when we first came in.
"You wanna go dance?" Colton asks me, leaning in closer so I can hear him. He looks up.
I shake my head no, and he cups my face and presses his lips against mine.
I hear TJ shout something like, "Go, Colton!" as I kiss him back. (Go, DeMarcus, Go, DeMarcus, Go, DeMarcus,). He pulls away and I look at him.
He points up. "Mistletoe," he says softly, smiling. "But I still wanted to kiss you," he admits.
I stare at him more. I have no clue how to reply to anything that just happened.
"How about we get out of here, yeah?" Colton says quietly as he grabs my hand.
"I-I'd like that," I reply looking down at our hands. He smiles and we start walking towards the door. Everyone looks at us as we walk. Izzy stares at Colton when we walk by. (I got your man. Come and catch him if you can).

Colton holds the door open for me and we walk out into the cool, (almost) winter air. The wind whips at my face as Colton grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers. We both look down at our hands, but neither of us says anything. We walk across the street back to our dorm building and go up the stairs to our dorm. He enters our code and we walk into our dorm, shutting the door behind us. I sit on my bed and look at him as he takes off his jacket.
"What?" he asks softly as he notices me staring at him.
I don't reply; I'm doing a lot of not replying today. He looks at me as I get up and walk towards him. When I reach him, I cup his face and pull him in close to me, putting my lips on his. He grabs my waist and pulls me in closer to him. I wrap a leg around his waist trying to tell him that I want him to pick me up. He gets the message and lifts me off the ground, allowing me to wrap my other leg around his waist. He puts his hands inside of my unzipped jacket (I know what you were thinking!) and helps me to take it off. It lands in a heap on the floor as he moves towards his bed and lays me down on it. He hovers over me as he kisses my lips, pulling back moments later to look at me. I open my eyes a half a second later and look at him. He moves a hand to stroke my face.
"I like you," I finally say, breaking the moment of silence.
"I like you too," he says.
"C-can we try this? Being together?"
"I would love that."

I'm laying in my bed, trying to fall asleep.
"Colt?" I say softly. "Are you still awake?"
"Yeah, Jax," he says softly.
"Come over here and lay with me, I'm cold and I want cuddles," (I came for the cuddles--another TikTok reference ahaha). I hear him get off his bed and I scoot over in mine, pulling him against me when he crawls beside me in my bed.
"What do you think your brother will say?" he asks me. "He won't get mad, will he?"
"Who cares? He shouldn't have done what he did. I'd rather be with you, though, then worry about what he thinks about us." I reply as he rolls over and looks at me.
He smiles and kisses me softly. I pull him closer against me and lay my head against his chest, falling asleep almost instantly.

Man, there were a lot of TikTok references in this chapter lol
**12/1/19