Faded Pt 3 The Finale

Also, I know you listened to this song earlier but now it's restrung! Also, it's literally so accurate for this chapter!! Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Recap

Bzzt! Bzzt! Bzzt!

Keefe woke up to the sound of his imparter ringing.

He groggily looked at his clock, and it read 7:30.

Ugh, why is Fitz up so early? He thought but accepted the call.

"Fitz, why are you calling me at 7:30 in the morning?" Keefe questioned, "I'm a growing boy you know, I need my beauty rest." 

"Keefe," Fitz said, looking serious "It's Sophie and Dex" then, a small tear ran down Fitz's face, and he had to clear his throat a couple times before continuing.

"They're both dead."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We Continue

Keefe felt numb.

"H-How?"

"When Sophie ran home yesterday, I don't know the complete details; but I guess they went down to the caves, where they sometimes practice alchemy. They found both Sophie and Dex's registry pendants at the bottom of the ocean, late yesterday night. Grady and Edaline suspected something was up because they still didn't come home, even though Sophie was mad at everyone, she wouldn't have stayed out there that long. so I speculate they drowned," he swallowed before continuing "But my dad won't tell me anything else, because the information is classified. Kesler and Juline are in pieces, and Grady and Edaline are even worse. I don't how they are going to survive another planting." He looked away from the imparter's screen "Uh Keefe I gotta go, but if there's any more new information I'll let you know, bye."

Keefe barely uttered a goodbye before the imparters screen blank, Sophie was just brought to this world, and just as quickly taken out of it, and I barely even knew Dex. Keefe thought. And that's when the tears started falling.

Sometime later, his mom, Lady Gisela stormed into his room. "Keefe, stop this right now, you've been sobbing for over an hour, and it's disturbing your father."

Keefe looked up to see his mom looking down at him with a glare on her face, which melted into concern when she saw how distraught he was.

"Honey what's wrong?" she asked

"It's S-Sophie a-and Dex" Keefe stuttered out between hiccups "Th-the'ye dead"

"Oh, Sophie the one with the rather odd human upbringing and brown eyes, and Dex..." she trailed off, tapping her chin. "oh! I remember his parents were the bad match weren't they?"

"Y-yes..?" It sounded more like a question, as his mother's question was laced with a thinly veiled insult.

"Well honey, that's too bad," Lady Gisela said, brushing off two deaths off as easily as a troublesome ball of lint "We'll certainly go to their planting, but as of now, would you like some sedatives to knock you out- to calm you for a bit?" She said with a smile that was more cat-like than genuine; not that Keefe realized.

"I guess," he said, and not moment later had his mother returned with a sludgy brown vial which just reminded Keefe of the nightmare turned real. So he reluctantly took the vial from the mother's hand and shakily lifted it to his mouth, chugging it all in one go.

His mother reorganized his bed sheets put them over him, and then she was gone.

He started to count down from 30, and by the time he got to 1 he was asleep.