Truth Or Dare Pt 2

Recap

"NO ASSISTANCE ALLOWED!" the three coaches shouted in unison.

"I'm not going to leave her up there!" Fitz exclaimed.

"It's okay," Sophie told him "I have a plan."

"The Mysterious Miss F is at it again." Keefe laughed.

Keefe watched as she pulled out her Black Swan pendant from under her vest, and wondered what she was doing, but before he could begin to speculate, Sophie held it up to the beam of light slicing through the thick fog and set fire to the rope holding her up.

Sophie continued thrashing, trying to break the last of the rope that was hanging from a thread.

There was a loud SNAP and suddenly a wave of water crashed into her and Keefe before everything went black.

-We continue-

Keefe woke up and blinked blearily around, slowly drinking in his surroundings. He stared at the dimly lit ceiling of a tent, that could've once been beautiful; but it was faded and had one too many patches. Laying on a mattress on the ground. He was wearing a strange, scratchy grey robe. He scratched his head as he tried to remember what happened, suddenly, it all came back to him, Sophie! He frantically tried to stand but groaned and held his ankle in pain.

"That's what you get for trying to stand up before I've treated you." a man entered the tattered tent wearing... a bird mask?

"Hey, mister what's with the weird mask, are weird masks a thing around here? Also, what's your name? Is Sophie alright?"

The man sighed, "We don't use names here, and your friend is fine. Never seen something like that, she's definitely an Ambi. You're lucky that our hydrokinetic put out the water. " not answering Keefe's first question.

"Your mask kinda looks like a Boobrie, can I call you Boobrie dude?"

"Sure kid." the Boobrie dude said as he set to bandage Keefe's ankle in silence.

When he was done, he placed a delicate glass vial filled with glowing purple liquid, that almost had a syrupy consistency.

"Drink this, and you'll be better in no time, but it might cause you to be a bit loopy, I'll be back when the girl wakes up." he also placed a vial of the liquid stuff at the foot of Sophie's mattress. Keefe was starting to worry about her, why wasn't she waking up?

As he was thinking, the Boobie dude got up, and left, muttering something about low supplies and the "lazy council".

He sat there for a couple of seconds, before finally drinking the vial, downing it in one gulp, it tasted pretty bad, but he'd tasted worse.

When he heard Sophie shift on her cot finally waking up; relief washed through Keefe.

"Leave it to you to try to burn down Exillium on the first day," Keefe laughed, feeling the effects of the potion starting to take effect.

Sophie studied the tent, "How's your ankle?" she stared at the large bandage.

Keefe hiccuped "The Boobrie dude said it'd be fine, and he gave me this stuff to help me cope with a pain" he held up the empty vial and tried to lick the remnants at the bottom.

"Boobrie dude?"

"Yeah, he said they didn't do names here, and he had this crazy mask that looked like a Boobrie."

"Where did he go?"

"I don't know, but hopefully to get more of this stuff" Keefe held up the vial again.