Chapter 16

Mu Xi Yao was facing the lotus pond outside the window, slowly drawing the veins of the lotus leaves and the morning dew above. Gui momo came to her with a face full of smiles and told her in a low voice: "Master, his sixth Highness has sent you interesting objects. He wants you to open them personally."

She saw Mo Lan carrying a basket, its top was covered with a thin purple silk fabric.

Mu Xi Yao put aside the pen and went to wash her hands. When she took the bamboo basket, she noticed that it was quite heavy. She gently pulled off the corner of the fabric only to exclaim in surprise.

Xi Yao gave both Gui momo and Mo Lan a fright. But then they saw her pulling away excitedly the silk fabric. Inside were two tiny rabbits that were nestled closely, leaning against each other. They were awfully cute.

Looking at the two fat rabbits, Mu Xi Yao was beside herself with joy. One was grey, another white. Both were like hairy balls. Particularly those plump bottoms of theirs. Mu Xi Yao reached her hand to poke it lightly with her forefinger. That rabbit immediately stirred its ear, blinked its eyes and lazily shifted its bosom. Mu Xi Yao laughed happily while holding the basket and watching them continually.

Gui momo and Mo Lan, on the other hand, stiffened. They looked compassionately at the two very adorable rabbits. Ah, what were they to say? Any other family would be a better alternative for these rabbits than falling into the hands of their master.

There was a reason for it. Since Mu Xi Yao had consumed the spiritual pills, her body emitted a very weak scent of a spiritual energy. As soon as she approached these small creatures, they would shortly afterward gather around her, enjoying her presence.

However, this woman, Mu Xi Yao, had a very bad habit. As long as she considered animal cute, she would go to tease it endlessly, never getting tired of it. Since these animals could not feel any evil intention coming from Mu Xi Yao and they were fond of her scent, they didn't mind to be teased by her. However, as time went on, no one would be able to put up with this kind of constant harassment. As a result, even though these animals had a healthy body, they would still be low-spirited. If Gui momo and Mo Lan knew about that one word, they would realize that these animals were showing a sign of "depression".

Originally, Mu Xi Yao could raise a pet at home. But later on, even lady Yu, who doted on her greatly, prohibited people from bringing pets into Yingshui Pavilion. Including Mu Jin Zhi who had a sister-complex. Every time he saw her pleading look, he would flee away. Mu Xi Yao indeed caused people a great headache on this matter.

Henceforth, seeing abruptly such adorable pets affectionately nestled together, how could Mu Xi Yao not have stars in eyes, euphoric by this pleasant surprise? However, her joy was short-lived as Mo Lan hastily came forward to take the basket and then went to stand in a spot quite a few steps away from her, anxiously saying: "Miss, mistress had said that if we were to let you keep a pet again, me and Hui Lan will get beaten. Besides, they are sent by his sixth Highness. You wouldn't want such adorable rabbits to end up like that again, right? How about this? This servant will raise them in your stead. You can take a look at them whenever you're free." Gui momo who stood at side vehemently nodded her head and voiced her approval.

Mu Xi Yao felt aggrieved. Is sis a hideous devil or what? She could raise rabbits, but she was only to look at them from afar and not playing with them? She glanced at the rabbits for several more time before reluctantly nodding her head, indicating that she was going to be present during their feeding time every morning. The two people beside her could now finally let out a sigh of relief, inwardly thinking that it was truly a close call.

Mu Xi Yao's mood started to fly upward since she got rabbits. Yet, she also did not forget to very politely write Zhong Zheng Lin a letter to express her thanks. The words in the letter were earnest, full of joy, even the handwriting seemed more agile. She had complained there that though she could only watch them at the moment, she still felt very satisfied. To convey her gratitude, she enclosed the letter with a self-made bookmark.