Chapter 35

Mo Lan helped Mu Xi Yao use the nourishing medicine and afterward softly attended to her to lie down. Looking at the woman's chin that had become sharp, she felt very distressed.

"Miss" She has hesitated for a good while. However, she still couldn't help herself, "His Highness, he....."

"What's the matter? You needn't hesitate. Be straightforward." Mu Xi Yao only felt fatigue. So many days of consecutive all nighters and the irregular meal time, even the body that had consumed spiritual pills couldn't take it on.

"Since that day, his Highness has never again asked about miss. Today he went again."

"Uhm. I know. " As soon as her words fell, she was already asleep.

Seeing her mistress fall asleep, Mo Lan could only quietly stand nearby. It's been already 2 months since her mistress entered the residence. During this time, his Highness has always doted on her and protected her. His Highness has never visited the other women in the inner yard. The kind of treatment that was lavished to mistress was very rare even among the husbands of commoners, not to mention his Highness.

Mo Lan vaguely felt that toward his Highness, her mistress seemed to........she was unable to think deeply. She was afraid that if she comprehended too quickly, she would feel fear in advance.

Another two days passed. Mu Xi Yao no longer felt weak. Even her vitality has recovered. Except for being a little thin, she was in a good health.

After two laps in the courtyard, Mu Xi Yao turned her head to ask Mo Lan, "Where is the thing I made? Did you collect it properly?"

Mo Lan nodded, "When we came back to the residence, I gave it to Hui Lan to take good care of it. Does miss want to see it now?"

"Later. Call Ye Kai for me."

When Ye Kai received the summon, he came reporting with a long face to the inner yard. After taking the paper handed by Mu Xi Yao, that was filled densely with a bunch of items, he had no other option than to go run his errand with a great struggle.

Zhong Zheng Lin deliberately went out early and returned late these past few days as he wanted to neglect that increasingly impudent woman for few days. She was simply too willful. Not only did she went out and resided outside without permission, she also made herself faint due to poor health. In the past, he was too indulgent toward her, making her not know to curb the slightest bit. Nowadays she ought to reflect upon herself.

Looking at her daily life recorded by the shadow guard, that woman was actually very behaving during her recuperating. Just, it seems that she didn't have an intent to come and make an apology to him. Zhong Zheng Lin narrowed his phoenix eyes. Who spoilt her to such stubbornness? In the end, he was worried about her. So he planned to look at her in the evening while she was sleeping.

—–

Mu Xi Yao's eyes were hazy. Her little hand was pulling at the man's sleeve. Taking the advantage of the candlelight, she looked at the back that has halted at the bedside. She spoke with a hoarse voice, "Your Highness."

Zhong Zheng Lin inspected Mu Xi Yao. Seeing that there was already a color on her face, he was about to leave but unexpectedly his sleeve was pulled at. His body stiffened. He didn't turn his body nor give a reply.

"Your Highness." The woman called again, her voice a bit clearer.

His robe was pulled at a few times. Zhong Zheng Lin slowly turned around and seized up her expression. Her vitality ought to have returned. The man's phoenix eyes were deep, his expression cold and solemn. He stood there silently, uttering no words.