Chapter 18

After arriving to the imperial prince's palace, Zhong Zheng Lin went directly to the study. There he heard that Tian Fu Shan had a matter to report to him.

"What matter?"

"Your Highness, from the next month newcomers will start to enter the estate. The month after it will be two shufeis appointed by his Majesty. The courtyards in the inner yard....."

"Leave Danruo courtyard alone. The other ones are up to you to arrange." Following a moment of thinking, Zhong Zheng Lin added, "Make it so the other courtyards would be further away from Danruo pavilion." Afterward, he paid no more heed to Tian Fu Shan.

How could Tian Fu Shan not know that this Danruo courtyard was prepared for the mistress Yao? As a result, he replied yes, bowed to Zhong Zheng Lin and withdrew.

On the following day, Mu Xi Yao called Zhao Qing to discuss some matters with him.

"Once I enter the prince's estate, I won't be able to take you with me anymore. Do you have any plans?"

Zhao Qing contemplated for a while and then he said, "I will do as miss tells me."

Seeing that Zhao Qing had no idea, Mu Xi Yao pondered for a moment, "After I leave, go to your brother's side. I will let him know. The current Emperor is the man with great talent and bold visions. He won't let go of Mobei's[1] repetitious provocations. Once the war outbreaks in few years, join the army and gain some military merits. Men ought to fight in the battlefield and make name for themselves. Wasting time in the inner yard is meaningless." Subsequently, she ordered Mo Lan to bring his contract[2] and return it to him. She also had Zhao Qing make preparations in the private. Once she left her maiden chamber[3], he was to immediately set off and join the military camp to hone himself.

Zhao Qing's hand that was holding onto the contract trembled slightly. He respectfully kowtowed to Mu Xi Yao and then left with large strides.

"Miss, will there be truly a war against Mobei?" Mo Lan carefully asked in a low voice.

"Yes. In two-three years timespan a war will definitely outbreak. Once you leave this room, speak and act cautiously. Today, you had heard nothing related to Mobei." Mu Xi Yao instructed carefully.

"Yes. Mo Lan will keep it in mind."

On the thirteenth day of the eighth month, two blue and white sedan chairs entered the sixth prince Zhong Zheng Lin's inner yard.

The previous lady Kong and lady Wu were moved to inner yard's Lantai Hall. The newcomers that had just entered the estate today were arranged to the freshly cleaned Zhuyin Hall. Since the two were just concubines, they came alone not bringing any personal maidservants with them.

In the prince's residence, the steward took along with him four servant girls and six labor po zis[4], that were assigned by the department of internal affairs in the palace, to Zhuyin Hall to appoint them to newcomers. Lady Zhang very gently nodded her head and also politely thanked the steward. Following, she began to ask her servant girls about their name and age and then she gave them meeting gifts[5]. After that, she told them to tidy her a bit and then she went to sit obediently on the matrimonial bed, waiting for his sixth Highness's grace.

Lady Qi on the other side very enthusiastically gave the steward a big gift. Following after she started to ask about her future personal maid, the situation in the estate and his Highness's likes. This maidservant has just been assigned to the estate hence she knew not much. She was only aware that his Highness was not fond of the previous two concubines, the rest were unknown to her. Lady Qi became annoyed. She thought that not having any people she was accustomed to by her side was very inconvenient. She had people fix her clothes and makeup and then she went to sit on the matrimonial bed, waiting slowly.